New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Hi folks. I have several questions about surveillance cams and stuff related to them:

1) Are there weatherproof wireless security cams? If there are, do they work via Bluetooth or WiFi? What is the range of their signal?

2) How do they produce the 4-in-1 image on the monitors wherein you see 4 different camera images on each quadrant of the screen? Is it produced by the monitor itself or a separate video device?

3) How many hours/days of video can a regular DVR store?

Trying to set-up a home security system. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    1) Are there weatherproof wireless security cams? If there are, do they work via Bluetooth or WiFi? What is the range of their signal?
    There are wireless cameras but they use their own frequency. And wireless security cameras come with their own receivers. So far, I haven't seen a weatherproof wireless cameras though.

2) How do they produce the 4-in-1 image on the monitors wherein you see 4 different camera images on each quadrant of the screen? Is it produced by the monitor itself or a separate video device?
    The 4-in-1 image or similar is produced by the DVR machine. So you just plug in the cameras to the DVR and the output is already 4-in-1 or 8-in-1 or whatever capacity the DVR has.

3) How many hours/days of video can a regular DVR store?
    Depends on the hard disk capacity and video resolution used per camera. Typical 80gig HDD could last 30 to 40 days at normal resolution with four cameras. But with other systems (like the one I setup at our office), it can last 30 days with eight cameras because I have set the frame rate from 30fps to 15fps.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Thanks sir ghosthunter.

Looks like it will be "wired" cameras for us since we plan to install them outdoors, concealed but exposed to the sun and rain.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    san po nakakabili ng mga yan and how much po kaya? my friend was asking me this same problem weeks ago, wala lang ako masyado masagot kung san ko siya ipupunta. good thing may nabasa akong ganitong thread dito sa tsikot pa tulong narin po

5. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Sa Rover Security Systems sa Gilmore near St Paul's QC. Di ko alam yung pangalan nung building pero dun sa merong Shakey's sa unahan. Sa loob-looban pa nung building yung pwesto nila.

Kung gusto mo makamura, try Raon/Quiapo area.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    isketi, nice thread. Interested rin pang home security system.

Hope you could share pricing and reviews once you get your system na.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    san po nakakabili ng mga yan and how much po kaya? my friend was asking me this same problem weeks ago, wala lang ako masyado masagot kung san ko siya ipupunta. good thing may nabasa akong ganitong thread dito sa tsikot pa tulong narin po
    You can start with the DIY shops (like ACE hardware) as a starting point.

But usually I drop by MC home depo at Ortigas Center. There is a store there that sells the whole system. So if you need a whole system or simply a new DVR or camera, its nearly a one stop shop. Prices will vary depending on the stuff you buy. Best to know what you want to use it for (lighting, clarity, etc) before you go shopping for this stuff.

DVRs can be as simply as a stand alone recorder or as complex as a web connected system. A DVR can also be made out of a standard computer.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    Sa Rover Security Systems sa Gilmore near St Paul's QC. Di ko alam yung pangalan nung building pero dun sa merong Shakey's sa unahan. Sa loob-looban pa nung building yung pwesto nila.

Kung gusto mo makamura, try Raon/Quiapo area.
    Yup, that place also has a lot of shops selling camera systems.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post

Cameras can differ a lot. Standard video camera will also vary with it's resolution capability.

For best results especially for external locations, use a camera with infra-red emitters. For larger areas which is prone to be dark, you can add extra infra-red emitters to "illuminate" the dark areas in infra-red only if those areas are out of range for the infra-red from the camera.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post

Thanks.

Yes I will.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
CCTV camera, monitor & DVR