New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maghahanap sana ako ng *******s ng mga TV series when i was greeted by this in the *******'s site:

Update, Jan. 16, 2007
    Lawyers from our primary ISP decided to pull our plug without any advance notice, as of 14:45 PST. No doubt related to our lawsuit brought by the MPAA, but we don't have more information at this time until people responsible comes to work tomorrow. We will be back in operation once we sort out this mess with our current ISP, or we get new hardware ready at our new ISP. We'll update here as the news change.

Sit back and enjoy the rest of the internet in the mean time, while it last. For your ******* searching needs, try Google for now by searching for "SEARCH TERMS ext:*******".

If you wish to help us out financially, you can donate via Paypal from the button below. Due to prior dis-taste from certain individuals taking donations for their legal defense and run however, this is not a legal defense fund. Your donations will be used for the operational costs of our servers and development of our websites. You have our sincere thanks.

- The ******* crew

Update, Jan. 17
    FYI, since this is a common topic, no, moving servers to Sweden or Sealand isn't going to help. I have no intention of hiding our servers (not that I have anything against Sweden, I love IKEA). Bit******* was created for distribution of any large media file, and we stand by that ideal as a search engine and aggregator. Our current ISP is in the US. Our new ISP is in Canada, where this temporary page is being served. Depending on whether we get our servers back in the US, we will be back in full operation sooner or later.

07:40 PST - SecretSquirrel
    So after screwing around with our gigabit switch for a few hours, I've given up on one particular task and I'm moving on, hopefully we'll have our data back today, because if we do, we should be at least halfway back up by friday. If we don't get our data back from our previous provider, it may take a little longer to come back live again, but we are working on it, so be patient. :-)

12:45 PST - IH
    We are moving house. If the tubes run smoothly, we expect to be back in full swing tomorrow.

Update, Jan. 18

13:26 PST - SecretSquirrel
    We've got our data in Canada, we're working on bringing the site back online. Hopefully we'll be done Real Soon Now.

22:02 PST - IH
    Had to fight with hardware quirks, like on our shiny Raid array in the new database. It's screaming fast now, just the software remains to be setup across the cluster.

To those that asked, this move is a large upgrade in hardware, bandwidth and re-doing our infrastructure better based on past mistakes. So it's taking longer than just throwing up servers would have. (well, we threw up this server in an hour) Tomorrow is most likely when we will restore all services.

Update, Jan. 21

00:22 PST - IH
    Ok, we ran into more snags (mainly with network hardware) than we anticipated, but we are getting real close now. I expect we can restore services by today.

I just got access to my email on ************, and there is a staggering number of them from Paypal. I checked, and since Jan. 17, we've received about $4000 in donations. That's $1000/day. A testiment to how much you guys care about the services we provide, and especially meaningful to those of us working day and night setting up our new cluster (with hardware we have to beat into submission). Thank you.

To give you an idea of the extent of this upgrade, we spent $40,000 on hardware alone. These are hand-picked server parts we assembled ourselves. Monthly bandwidth cost extra. Kudos, your money is being put to good use.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Go bc

:fly:

Edit donate a few bucks people

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    it's up again.

ok rin sa demonoid

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, up na nga. transferred their servers to canada.

************ temporarily down