New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anong mas magandang performance between the 2?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    syempre core 2 duo...

mas bago at efficient yung architecture ng core 2 duo compared sa core duo.

please read it here -> http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=2808

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir boybi,

Don't mind the X.XGHz where X.X=clock speed. We have better comparison charts like PR ratings to efficiently compare 2 CPU's. Opinion ko lang po. By wrong tradition po kasi most of us tend to believe na this particular processor is bang-for-the-buck since it has a higher GHz rating than the other processor (and even lower price at times) when it actually isn't. HTH.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i beg to disagree... binasa ko yan before at mejo hindi maayos ang specs na nasa anandtech kasi he is comparing a Core 2 Duo with a 4Mb Cache and a Core Duo with 2Mb Cache... it was pinpointed out that because of the larger cache kaya may gain sa performance ang Core 2 Duo...

Now if we talk a Core 2 Duo 1.6Ghz with 2Mb Cache versus a Core Duo 2.0Ghz with 2Mb Cache... Ang lamang lang ng Core 2 Duo model na ito based on my research is the 64-bit capability... hindi sinama ng Intel ang hardware based virtualization technology nito at parehas pa silang 667Mhz ang FSB...

So in terms of speed mas mabilis pa rin ang Core Duo 2.0.... Now if you will compare it to the Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz with 4Mb Cache then mas mabilis ang later pero mas mahal...

From what I see right now pricing of the Core 2 Duo 1.6 is the same as the Core Duo 1.86... and the Core 2 Duo 1.86 is the same as the Core Duo 2.0 in terms of processor pricing... better bang for the buck and Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz processor because it has the feature set of Core Duo + 64 bit + Virtualization Technology.... Now the cheapest Core 2 Duo which will give you the maximum performance & feature set will be the 2.0Ghz version with 4Mb Cache... Pero syempre lagpas pricing nito sa Core 2 Duo 1.86 / Core Duo 2.0...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    Sir boybi,

Don't mind the X.XGHz where X.X=clock speed. We have better comparison charts like PR ratings to efficiently compare 2 CPU's. Opinion ko lang po. By wrong tradition po kasi most of us tend to believe na this particular processor is bang-for-the-buck since it has a higher GHz rating than the other processor (and even lower price at times) when it actually isn't. HTH.
    The PR rating is justified if you want to compare the Netburst architecture of Pentium 4 at Pentium D sa Athlon pero ngayong Core 2 Duo na saka Athlon X2/ Turion X2... they can be compared in pure Megahertz... Kung papansinin mo Core 2 Duo Ghz ay between 1.6Ghz to 2.33Ghz... ang Athlon X2 /Turion X2dyan naglalaro ang Ghz between 1.8Ghz at 2.2Ghz.. at saka sa lahat ng Benchmark lampaso ng Lowly Core 2 Duo 1.66/1.83Ghz CPU ang lahat ng Athlon X2 Turion X2 hanggang 4800+... Pati mga Pentium D 3.4Ghz na model 945 taob lahat...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    i beg to disagree... binasa ko yan before at mejo hindi maayos ang specs na nasa anandtech kasi he is comparing a Core 2 Duo with a 4Mb Cache and a Core Duo with 2Mb Cache... it was pinpointed out that because of the larger cache kaya may gain sa performance ang Core 2 Duo...
    Based on the review, the article gave much bias to what the Core 2 Duo could offer. Dunno, but they surely do help in keeping the marketing strategies of these CPU-makers go well with the trend of consumers buying and buying in a never-ending upgrade of processors.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik
    From what I see right now pricing of the Core 2 Duo 1.6 is the same as the Core Duo 1.86... and the Core 2 Duo 1.86 is the same as the Core Duo 2.0 in terms of processor pricing... better bang for the buck and Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz processor because it has the feature set of Core Duo + 64 bit + Virtualization Technology.... Now the cheapest Core 2 Duo which will give you the maximum performance & feature set will be the 2.0Ghz version with 4Mb Cache... Pero syempre lagpas pricing nito sa Core 2 Duo 1.86 / Core Duo 2.0...
    Which is why reviews biased to a newer processor has to be made. So the demand for the new product will go up, and as the demand for the older product goes down, same shall go with its price.

I dunno when there will ever be a "perfect" processor or better yet a "perfect" computer. They just keep on making more and more of them these days. It started out with the battle for the higher clock ratios, then with the higher FSB's, then the battle for the dual core, and now battle for the higher cache. Sheesh... there are even points when consumers no longer want to upgrade because they've been constantly doing it ever since they started needing PC's in their homes, companies, etc....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    The PR rating is justified if you want to compare the Netburst architecture of Pentium 4 at Pentium D sa Athlon pero ngayong Core 2 Duo na saka Athlon X2/ Turion X2... they can be compared in pure Megahertz... Kung papansinin mo Core 2 Duo Ghz ay between 1.6Ghz to 2.33Ghz... ang Athlon X2 /Turion X2dyan naglalaro ang Ghz between 1.8Ghz at 2.2Ghz.. at saka sa lahat ng Benchmark lampaso ng Lowly Core 2 Duo 1.66/1.83Ghz CPU ang lahat ng Athlon X2 Turion X2 hanggang 4800+... Pati mga Pentium D 3.4Ghz na model 945 taob lahat...
    I stand corrected with regards to the PR rating. But, with the benchmarking, nada. I don't know why people give too much of their attention in 5-30points difference when the typical business-type consumer won't even feel it when they do their paperwork. In gaming, video-processing/editing, encoding, or other CPU-consuming tasks perhaps.

Other than the speeds of the processors and its cache, factors such as processor's average operating temperature, architecture, power consumption, etc., has to be given due regards. This goes especially to those into notebook aka laptop computers.

And yes, lampaso nga ng Core 2 Duo ang lahat ng processors na pwede mong mabanggit, pero ung presyo ng better half niya eh kayang-kaya ring lampasuhin ang aking pera. Deeming it impractical for the time-being. And, pag nagmura na, tiyak may bago na namang processor na mas malupit jan. Di po ba?
    Last edited by batang_raon14; November 14th, 2006 at 12:42 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think you should have read very well the review as it was not biased at all... They even said that Core 2 Duo needs this X amount of transistors just to outduel the Core Duo... Dig deep further to the review and it said that Core 2 Duo will shine if it has an FSB of 800Mhz...

So I guess you are not lending enough of your technical know how to the one asking the question and just reading the Intro and Conclusion of the review??????

If you really want to be paranoid of spending too much money on technology then being obsolete for just a few months... i want everyone to know that for Q1 2007, they will incorporate WiMax or Wireless-N, 3.5G into the chipsets... and also a new socket for Core 2 Duos and a Newer Core 2 Duo version 2.0.... which means bagsak ulit ang presyo ng mga hi-end laptops offered at this point..

Moral of the story???? Get just what you need and of course the most bang for the buck... which I guess I'm doing now to help the threadstarter...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I think you should have read very well the review as it was not biased at all... They even said that Core 2 Duo needs this X amount of transistors just to outduel the Core Duo... Dig deep further to the review and it said that Core 2 Duo will shine if it has an FSB of 800Mhz...
    When I meant "biased" sir, I simply meant that the review was much leaning to the newer processor compared to the latter. This is normal with any review of a product that is expected to compete with a relatively "previous" product.

I already lent my technical-know-how to the thread starter sir the moment I mentioned this:
    Deeming it impractical for the time-being.
    Now, my opinion is that current business applications (like MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), do not need much of the CPU's advanced features to load it. Even the old P3's with 800-1000MHz could load it easily.

It is also written sir in the review that using laptops for gaming purposes are still similar to how it went years ago. You can't just really find a laptop that can play games as fast as desktops. And the chances that a customer will buy a laptop exclusively for gaming is at a 1 out of 10.

Yeah, pretty soon WiMax will be incorporated, and like you said
    which means bagsak ulit ang presyo ng mga hi-end laptops offered at this point..
    ... Since you stated this, I could assume that just like me, you were also going for the practicality of things. Am I right sir? Because if I were to say, that's the main focus of my posts. IMHO lang po.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    most of the time, tinatamad akong tignan ung nitty-gritty details; i just ask myself what i would be doing 70-80% of the time with the pc i intend to buy, take a look at the application benchmarks, and make a decision based on that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Core Duo 2.0GHz vs Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz