New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just heard over the radio that Haydee Yorac passed away in Chicago (6:30AM - Manila time).
    Condolences to her family.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    may sakit pala sya? condolences din.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Condolence... a life well lived.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    we just lost a good public servant in ex-pcgg comm. haydee yorac. i have 1st-hand experience on how she hates grafters in government.

ma'am haydee saludo kami sa inyo.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    my condolonces...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    i was surprised when i saw this .. i didn't realize that her condition was this severe .. nung bumitiw si yorac nung april citing health reasons, the news blitz na kinakalat ng anti-gma camp was that she resigned because of differences with gma over san miguel and the conjuancos .. sorry binabahiran ko ng politika pero parang naiinis lang ako bigla sa anti-gma camp .. given the service that she gave the nation .. she deserves more respect than what the nation has given her .. condolences to the yorac family ..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    condolence po, nawalan po tayo ng isang napakagaling na public servant, super rare ang mga honest-to-goodness na public servants sa ating bansa esp. against corruption tulad ni mam haydee yorac.

[SIZE=2]Mini Cooper with B16A Engine inside! [/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    My impressions when she was with PCGG was that she was very smart, and very strict, and her strong character meant she cannot be bought off. I wished she stayed on longer to see a better Philippines. If they were true, I hope to see more people like her in government, and even in the general public.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    here is an anecdote i heard about yorac way way back

the setting was at a faculty party held at the up president's residence in diliman. yorac was talking to a fellow professor and was all agog about yale university where she took her llm. mirian defensor santiago, who took her llm in michigan university, was peeved and interrupted the conversation. here is what transpired (allegedly):

mirian: hayyyydeeee, about nothing all night except yale yale and yale
    haydee: of course, if i graduated from michigan, i would have nothing to talk about

mwahahahahaha

rest her soul!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    We just lost a great public servant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
PCGG Commissioner Haydee Yorac passed away.