New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Guys -
    I need your technical advice.

My parents are getting married again (pearl anniversary) this coming March. And we have some relatives outside the country that can't attend the wedding.
    Now they are all requesting to have the affair broadcast in live via internet. Offcourse the whole affair would last for about 4-5 hours and they would like witness all of that.
    There are about 20 of them coming from different places (US, China, Singapore, France, Italy etc etc).

Now I'm looking for video streaming softwafe that i can use for this purpose. I've been using Yahoo Messenger Video Conferencing for limited participants the max i got is 5.

Do you think the YM video live feed can do the works or is there any limitation. Can you suggest other proven video streaming software available on-line for free.

Thank you very much for all your help in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    try mo yung Active WebCam. pwede siya remote access kaso you have to open some ports sa router or PC.

VLC media player pwede din ata pero record then stream ata yung kaya nun. ndi live.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    What i'm planning to do is to connect a Video Cam on my PC and send it live via Yahoo Messenger to 20 PC outside Philippines. Not sure if this will work..

ADVISE PLEASE....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    dude since marami gumagamit ng yahoo medyo mahihirapan ka siguro try mo kaya mag skype?

also you must consider the bandwidth na gagamitin mo

the current speed of download time here in ph is good but the uploading my cause you problem

upload speed of our current broadband is not that good

come to think na different country's pa iupload yung video

posible na magkaroon yan ng delay transmision

dito kasi sa office we use live video conferensing to different country's like china hongkong & others and we observe that the uploading bandwidth is poor as a result poor reception,,, even we have one of the fastest broadband service still the uploading time is very poor

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi Darksword_08,

This is actually not an interactive conference. One way lang.. just to send the video live on the other PC.

There is no wi-fi at church and reception so i will rely on WEROAM card.

Yes, there might be some delay but since this is not interactive so i assume that the delay may not be noticed at all. Unless the delay makes the action on slow mo.

Anybody else who've done this and how do you do that?

Thanks

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CargoBoy View Post
    What i'm planning to do is to connect a Video Cam on my PC and send it live via Yahoo Messenger to 20 PC outside Philippines. Not sure if this will work..

ADVISE PLEASE....
    my YM cannot recognize my sony mini DV video cam. active webcam did recognize it.

so isa yan sa mga issues. whether the program can recognize your camera or night. no problem sa standard webcams pero pag videocams baka meron konting problem.

go to www.download.com and search for some programs you can use. meron silang user at editors review dun which might be helpful.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    if ur using VLC, found this step by step procedure.

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic259354.html

havent tried video streaming but i use VLS a lot.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Any other input guys? Thanks...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    make sure you have 3g coverage coz weroam on gprs is just too slow

use windows media encoder to broadcast live stream. your viewers will use windows media player.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    make sure you have 3g coverage coz weroam on gprs is just too slow

use windows media encoder to broadcast live stream. your viewers will use windows media player.
    Hi Psylocke - thanks for the input. I assumed that you have tried this before. Would you advice me if there is any driver/software i need to install/download to broadcast the video? Which sites i'm going to connect to upload the video and download on the other end. Appreciate your guidance here.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Live Video Streaming