New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Situation:

Two servers both having SQL 2000 running on win2k with full replicated database on both servers

Question:

Would different transactions on both databases cause data anomalies when consolidating their database?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    Situation:

Two servers both having SQL 2000 running on win2k with full replicated database on both servers

Question:

Would different transactions on both databases cause data anomalies when consolidating their database?
    1.) How will you be able to replicate a database if you're not duplicating it from the same source? Di ko nagets ata tanong mo. hehehe
    2.) Where did you replicate it? I assume Database Server A is replicated at Database Server B and Database Server B is replicated at Database Server A?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Situation:

Question:

That's odd. I thought naka synchronized yan pag replicating database.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    so you have two database servers that are replicated by other boxes? tama ba? parehong master copies yung 2 servers mentioned?

or tama si froshie1 na,
    master and slave yung 2 servers?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Situation:

Question:

I think the newer transaction database would overwrite the older transaction database when you synchronize the two databases together. This might result in loss of data/records from the "older" database.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    well i have two servers. server A is the running server. server b is a standby server. server b is more powerful. downtime is a no-no

i plan to replicate the database on server B.

Problem: several programs are using the DB. I need to manually edit the source code to run using server B and manually configure each client to use server B as their database. If i will run both servers as replicated servers and those programs accessing the two servers

1. would those programs run as if they are seeing only one database?
    2. would consolidation of data run smoothly and not encounter any problems?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    If you have server B as a standby, then your mirroring software should take care of replicating between the two databases. If server A fails, you need to remap your DNS to point to server B. All your programs should reference the server name, not the IP.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    If you have server B as a standby, then your mirroring software should take care of replicating between the two databases. If server A fails, you need to remap your DNS to point to server B. All your programs should reference the server name, not the IP.
    ok thanks! i guess i really need to do some ot. that would be the best way i guess

database dilemna