New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    My wife's quartz watch was skipping a second or two everytime. So it seemed to me that the battery needs to be changed soon.

Unfortunately, before my wife was able to bring it to a service center..the watch already died. So she immediately brought it the next day.
    First shop immediately told her that something must be replaced. And it costs 2K+++ pesos. I was suprised...and so I told her to bring it to another shop to get another opinion.

She brought it to another watch shop at Trinoma and after placing a new battery..the person told her that something needs to be replaced internally. So my wife agreed to get it replaced. The cost was 2,500. It was some sort of IC which was replaced.

Sorry for the long story..but my question is....is it a scam or what? the battery costs should have been 350 pesos only.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Oh no! the integrated circuit(IC) on her watch? Hmmmmm nasira agad , but I could have been wrong. IC is the soul of quartz it display and contains the watch setting function called the solid state. If all function is not there anymore kahit bagong palit ang battery,then I believe the IC is bad. Kung hindi well, battery lang ang problema. Again I could have been wrong.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; January 30th, 2008 at 08:08 AM.

Any Expert on Watches? (Timepieces)