New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I own one a dual sim 5.7 inches smartphone (quadcore 1.2, 1 gig ram, etc.)....Now, I am planning to upgrade once Huawei MediaPad X2 would be available in the Philippines.

It is also a dual sim smartphone but its size is 7 inches....I like its specs (a total upgrade from my present phone). here are some of them:

Dual LTE, LTPS LCD capacitive touchscreen,
    Size 7.0 inches (~74.5% screen-to-body ratio)
    Resolution 1200 x 1920 pixels (~323 ppi pixel density)
    Multitouch Yes, up to 10 fingers
    - Emotion UI 3.0
    PLATFORM OS Android OS, v5.0.x (Lollipop)
    Chipset Hisilicon Kirin 930
    CPU Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A53
    GPU Mali-T628 MP4
    MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 128 GB
    Internal 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
    CAMERA Primary 13 MP, 4160 x 3120 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
    Video 1080p
    Secondary 5 MP
    BATTERY Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery

I know that 7 inch smartphone may be too big already...but I also do not like to bring an IPAD...

Would it be comfortable to use this phone?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Your can pair it with a Sony SBH-52 Bluetooth device. Connects to your phablet and you can use it like a phone, make calls, read messages and e-mails.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Or pair it with a chery P1 smartphone dialer. I have a note 8 as well and it works with the dialer during calling and texting.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    For me magkakatalo yan kung kasya sa bulsa ng jeans, at makakaupo ako ng di mababli.

And medyo malaki ang 7 inches, if you are a big guy hindi masagwa tignan pag nakalagay sa tenga.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Since the bezel usually adds about 0.5 to an inch, for phones, I draw the line at 5 to 5.5-inch screens.

Beyond that, I feel that it will be too cumbersome to use as a phone and no longer pocketable. Bluetooth earpieces are equally annoying, IMO. I've used them before (Jabra and Blueant) and I can never get used to them. Also, getting weird stares from people around me distracts me from my call.

On the other end of the scale, I still want a full-sized tablet for browsing and games.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it would depend on you.... try to get hold of the demo units first, hold it if it is comfortable and ask the sales clerk to allow you to put it in your pants so you would feel how it looks like.

sa akin, since touch screen, the bigger the better.... hirap gumamit ng touch screen tapos malaki daliri mo.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

it would depend on you.... try to get hold of the demo units first, hold it if it is comfortable and ask the sales clerk to allow you to put it in your pants so you would feel how it looks like.

sa akin, since touch screen, the bigger the better.... hirap gumamit ng touch screen tapos malaki daliri mo.