New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    may available ba na localy? sa ebay ko lang kasi nakikita ito eh. at ok lang yung G sa akin.
    Saw a Buffalo Link Station Live with 320GB for about 6k+ last month at a local shop. It's basically a NAS with built-in 320GB HDD, an external USB for HDD expansion or as a print server, and 1000BaseT LAN connection. It consumes a mere 21W. No WiFi though. It's also DLNA certified for media streaming.

I was tempted to buy one but decided to use my existing gateway (ClarkConnect) as the ******* client, since I already leave it up and running 24x7. Just needs additional HDD and the ******* software for it. *******Flux seems promising. I currently don't have a need for media streaming, so I wouldn't miss that feature.
    Last edited by oj88; May 20th, 2009 at 09:18 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rhuwrx View Post
    Does the specs of the pc affect the download speed in *******? I just noticed that my download speed is faster when I use my old pentium 4 pc (3.6ghz, 2gb ram, xp) compared to my other pc (2ghz dual core, 2gb ram, vista), which is kind of weird.
    There should be no difference. But you might want to optimize the ports of your OS so it could download faster.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I see, my available na pala localy. thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    rion, meron. Asus WL-700gE - it's around 8-9K.
    At that price, it costs more than my ******* server's cost to set it up.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    rhuwrx, you can fix your port forwarding by going to this site:

PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

dati di ko yan ginagawa, I was getting really low speeds sa ******* ko, only 40-70kB/s. Now, I am getting 180-200kB/s. Average of about 150kB/s.

Good luck
    Last edited by Horsepower; May 21st, 2009 at 05:55 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I am still torn between Popcorn Hour A110 vs a super cheap HTPC for downloading things.

It's just that i'm still waiting for vendors to sell a Dual Core Atom (330?) + nVidia 9400M. I need kasi an HD player for the tv. And something that can play my FLAC/AAC Lossless collections.

I plan to run it from my room, then feed everything via HDMI to the sala. I intend to use it as my 24/7 PC for chatting/email/tsikot so I need something that consumes electricity as less as possible.

I heard Acer will be releasing an Ion nettop. hopefully super mura lang now that Intel has released its Atom Pineview processors.

If it comes with a desktop HDD, i'll replace it with 7200rpm mobile SATA. Then have a NAS (WD Green series) store everything as Seagate sucks right now with all their sudden death and loss of data.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I am still torn between Popcorn Hour A110 vs a super cheap HTPC for downloading things.
    Why not just split the difference?... Get the HTPC and the WD digital media player.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    WDTV actually sucks in comparion to TVIX 4100SH or A110.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I also wanted to have a diffrent computer to download *******s. Kaso wala ng space dito

After watching a movie kasi or after installation, delete ko na agad no more backup

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    I also wanted to have a diffrent computer to download *******s. Kaso wala ng space dito

If you are on the cheap, you can buy a 2nd hand 7" netbook computer and use an external USB drive configuration to store the downloaded ******* files.

The 2nd hand netbook and external HDD is so compact, you can place it inside an existing ATX PC casing with room to spare.

After watching a movie kasi or after installation, delete ko na agad no more backup
    1TB hard disks only cost P5,500 each. Even cheaper if you try TPC.

Once I am nearing capacity on my ******* server's 1TB HDD, I'll be adding a second large capacity HDD (not sure if 1TB or 1.5TB or even bigger).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Just replaced my old 24/7 ******* Download server PC