New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just replaced my old ******* 24/7 server based on an old Intel Pentium 3/800 system with 20+80+250gig IDE HDD.

The new system is built into another old Pentium3 casing I had in the warehouse with the following:

-Intel mini-ITX motherboard with Intel Atom N270 CPU & Intel 82945G video chipset.
    -Built-in sound, LAN, 4 USB ports, 1 serial, 1 parallel ports.
    -2gigs ram
    -80 GIG WD IDE HDD + 1TB Seagate SATA HDD
    -ASUS DVDRW
    -500 watt PS
    -MS Windows XP SP2

The 80 gig hdd is a brand new replacement unit and currently used as the boot drive.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    what's the wattage of these Specs Sir G.H?

nagkamali ata ako nung sinabi ko noon dito na yung power consumption on my 24/7 PC is decent. I calculated it and it was terrible... I'm the culprit pala on our high electricity bill, not our Aircon not our Ref.

I'm interested on Wireless HD or Wireless Router+HD. may available kaya nito localy?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    what's the wattage of these Specs Sir G.H?
    Not sure of the actual power consumption but my setup (motherboard + HDD) would work with a 60 watt PS. Unfortunately I couldn't source it locally so I had to use a regular size switching PS.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm interested on Wireless HD or Wireless Router+HD. may available kaya nito localy?
    Sounds like a Wifi NAS. Nope, I haven't seen such in the local stores.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Not sure of the actual power consumption but my setup (motherboard + HDD) would work with a 60 watt PS. Unfortunately I couldn't source it locally so I had to use a regular size switching PS.
    that's a decent setup. my old rig or even my new 45nm is far that consumption.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's a decent setup. my old rig or even my new 45nm is far that consumption.
    I was actually deciding if I was going to use a 2nd hand netbook instead of a mini-ITX motherboard since the cost would be pretty near. The only deciding thing was the durability of the CPU's fan. The one found in a netbook is difficult to check and service so I went for the mini-ITX option.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    rion, there's an Asus Wifi Router with an internal HD for downloading ******* kaso it's only Wifi-G.

You can also buy NAS enclosures with built-in ******* downloaders (mga 5k lang each).

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    may available ba na localy? sa ebay ko lang kasi nakikita ito eh. at ok lang yung G sa akin.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Does the specs of the pc affect the download speed in *******? I just noticed that my download speed is faster when I use my old pentium 4 pc (3.6ghz, 2gb ram, xp) compared to my other pc (2ghz dual core, 2gb ram, vista), which is kind of weird.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    rion, meron. Asus WL-700gE - it's around 8-9K.

rhuwrx, in your case, no, there should be no difference. Make sure your ports are forwarded properly though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Just replaced my old 24/7 ******* Download server PC