New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Meron ba kayo marerecommend na mura Domain Name and Web hosting service?

We're putting up a company website, pero I have no idea regarding this thing. Kaya kailangan ko din ng gagawa ng website. How much ba usually magagastos when putting up one? Interior design firm and Furniture/accesories ang line ng business namin, kaya this website will be used to showcase our works.

To those who want to send their quotations, you can email me at : esrey55*gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    It really depends on what features and apps you will be running (PhP, SQL, email addys, etc.) as well as the projected required bandwidth, storage space, data traffic.

I assume you will be uploading a lot of photographs. Don't forget to optimize color palette and resolution for display and downloading. Higher-res photos generally have large filesizes and take a long time to load or to download.

If the photos are meant for web viewing only, you do not need very high resolutions. If they are meant to be downloaded and scrutinized closely, you may opt for two versions - a lower res display and a higher res for downloading.

We often use www.icdhosting.com. They can register your domain for you, too.

Hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    philhosting.net

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    fastq.com

:fly:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    If you are handy with Linux, I highly recommend vpslink.com
    (a division of Spry)

for $7.95 a month you can have your own dedicated "virtual" server (meaning you have root access to it) with 100GB of transfer. although the $7.95 plan is kind of basic (only 64MB of RAM). i went with the $15/month plan which has 128MB. Which is plenty enough if you know what you're doing.

I've documented how to set up the appropriate software on the vpslink plans here:

http://orlygoingthirty.blogspot.com/...g-part-ii.html

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Go to http://dreamhost.com/

You can get One Year of Hosting and a Free Domain Registration, for just $30. Just use the promo code: QC777.

Their hosting is ROCK SOLID, with all the usual features of PHP, mySQL, and even Ruby on Rails. 159.8 GB Disk Space, 1.598 TB Bandwidth.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyphoto View Post
    philhosting.net
    May I ask if you have any firsthand experience with this company? I am also looking for an affordable web hosting service. Thanks.

I am asking because when I randomly clicked on their clients' list page, a number of the sites were down or couldn't be reached.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    That's already a bad sign.

:fly:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Visit WeHostAndDesign.com for affordable web hosting. Email sales if you're interested and you get your discount coupon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Putting up a website, please suggest affordable Domain Name and Web hosting service.