New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do you use rechargable batteries? If you do, do you still use the kind that requires 8 to 16 hours to charge a single battery? For me, I have been using the Energizer 15 minute charger. Charges my 2500mah batteries in about 20 minutes, built-in charging cut-off, charging error cut-off and even has a built-in fan to keep the hot charging batteries cool.

The power brick which powers the actual charger takes 110v or 220v so it's great to take with you when traveling when you have some battery operated gear like digital cameras, mp3 players, etc when you need to charge them quickly. In fact you can wake up, slap in the batteries in the charger and they will be charged by the time you are ready to go out of your hotel room door.

What charger do you use?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 18th, 2008 at 11:22 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magkano kuha mo bro? kasama na yung 4 batteries? naghahanap din ako ng new rechargables, dahil 12 hours charging time ko eh. hehehehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maganda yang energizer na yan. hindi ko lang kaya ang price.

uniross lang yung sa akin, maghapon magcharge dito sa office.
    less than P500 lang ata, comes with four batteries 2300mAh.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I was using those 2,500 mA Energizer batteries. Kaso 1 hour charger lang ang kasama. 4 pcs at a time ang puwedeng i-charge. Unang bumigay ang mga batteries, 1/2 day lang na hindi ginagamit, discharged na. Now pati charger, sira na.

I'm now using eneloop. kahit 3 months na hindi nagamit ang battery, charged pa rin. Iyon lang nga hindi na full chaged, pero mga 75% pa. Almost 2 years old na ang 4 pcs ko ok pa. Using only the supplied slow charger. over night charging lang nga.
    Last edited by meledson; November 18th, 2008 at 11:17 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    magkano kuha mo bro? kasama na yung 4 batteries? naghahanap din ako ng new rechargables, dahil 12 hours charging time ko eh. hehehehe.
    The four batteries came free with the charger.

I got it "free" when I bought my Canon digicam using a promo on my credit card. It's kinda pricy if you will be buying this from the stores though, priced at over P3K. So far after 1.5 years, one of the energizer batteries have failed to charge anymore, so I replaced it with a pair of 2500 amh AA batteries from CDKING with no problems.

I love this charger.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I actually use rechargeable batteries for my XBox 360 wireless controller. Pero CD-R King brand lang around 3 hours charge, but they have proved durable naman and of course they are cheap.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok yang energizer ah. 15 mins charging time. i'm using sanyo charger and battery, dont know fast though cause i just slap the battery and leave it there. i just check the indicator when the battery's are full, usually half day.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    for size AA , dont buy SONY ang bilis ng self discharge 3-4 days lang w/o using DISCHARGE NA, use ENELOOP, THE BEST!!!!! kahit 6-8 month hindi pa rin drain

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hey that's a very nice charger but probably too expensive lemme guess 3k?... so for me i've eliminated all nimh gadgets. even my 3xaaa flashlights are converted to li-ion. nimh are so fussy...

wait i've one ramaining 1xaaa mini flashlight. i feed it with cdrking alkalines. 7.50 per pop. the math:

3000 / 7.5 = 400 pcs alkaline batteries

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuner13 View Post
    for size AA , dont buy SONY ang bilis ng self discharge 3-4 days lang w/o using DISCHARGE NA, use ENELOOP, THE BEST!!!!! kahit 6-8 month hindi pa rin drain
    I haven't experienced that with my Sonys... been using it for my camera & flash (and have a spare set in my bag). I just use the "normal" charger (P999 for a charger and a 4 pieces of 2500mah AA) though, takes around 4-5 hours to charge.

I think the trick is to not use those ultra-fast chargers (15-30 minutes), I read somewhere about a batter engineer discussing about the merits of still using the normal charger (3-5 hours).

bigbigcar.com Review: Chery QQ3 1.1 MT
    Small car, big ambitions: The Chery QQ is the vanguard of the Chinese invasion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Do you use Rechargable Battery Chargers?