New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with JPM leaving for mclaren and ralf's contract ending this year, williams is left with a possible 2 seats available for grabs.

who do you think will be the replacement/s?

if you were frank williams, who would you choose?

here are the rumored candidates:
    A List:
    1. Mark Webber - current Jaguar driver (but Renault-contracted under Flavio)
    2. David Coulthard - current Mclaren driver (no renewal of contract next year)
    3. Giancarlo Fisichella - current Sauber driver
    4. Jacques Villeneuve - 1997 WDC, former Williams and BAR star
    5. (optional) Jenson Button - current BAR driver (under a water-tight contract)

B List:
    1. Marc Gene - current Williams test driver
    2. Antonio Pizzonia - current Williams test driver
    3. Scott Dixon - IRL champ (? not sure)
    4. Nick Heidfeld - current Jordan driver

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I will go for Mark Webber and Jacques Villeneuve. Both are two talented drivers but Villenuve has the experience and is not interested for a big contract. The downside of this is they may have two clashing drivers again.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ba available si Alonso? that guy is good!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep, alonso is one heck of a driver. pero malamang flavio won't be releasing him from renault anytime soon.....without serious cash inflow i guess :P

fyi, flavio is not just the renault boss but alonso's manager. i surmise he wants alonso to win the driver's c'ship for renault first...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    With BAR streaking this season, don't expect Button to be leaving the team anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure BMW will want a German driver. Ralf is said to have done a deal with Toyota already, so I guess Heidfeld can be a possible candidate for one seat. Even Jordan will help him get the slot.

Speculations suggest that the other driver will be Webber, and I hope so too. I don't want Villeneuve since he's such an *$$. One rude, dislikeable driver he is.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    probably jacques villenueve and mark webber... the williams team has always wanted drivers who are competitive with one another... so, clashing drivers should not be a problem for them unless they clash on the race track...

ralf is going to toyota and david coultard will probably end up at jaguar...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    double post.. ehe...

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    the news is they have their eyes on Coulthard and they're showing a lot of interest on Kiwi driver Scott Dixon, they're communicating with SD once a week and he is scheduled for another test drive in a few weeks time.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    ........and Ralf is reported to be going to TOYOTA.

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Originally posted by the josh
    ........and Ralf is reported to be going to TOYOTA.
    patay si panis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
who will be william's drivers next year?