New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello peeps!

Does anyone have any information on the hillclimb? Who are the organizers? What are the requirements?

Please post it here . Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Manila sports car club ata, contact sophie delos santos I think.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks! :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the benefit of those interested, I was able to find more info about the hillclimb.

It is being organized by the Manila Sports Car Club, and will be run on the 23rd of November. I'm not sure what the place is called, but the course layout will be short, less than 1 km long, tapos tight and really twisty.

Sadly, according to our contact, its open only to sportscars (2 seaters, coupes, cabriolets etc.) and rally cars (Evo, WRX etc.). Medyo elitist, we raised this point to our contact and thankfully, nothing is final, we'll know for sure by tomorrow.

Once it becomes available, I'll post final details again here.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RS Sprint

Sadly, according to our contact, its open only to sportscars (2 seaters, coupes, cabriolets etc.) and rally cars (Evo, WRX etc.). Medyo elitist, we raised this point to our contact and thankfully, nothing is final, we'll know for sure by tomorrow.
    That sucks, dude! They should open it up to all enthusiasts, irregardless of what car is being driven.

Are there any other motorsport enthusiast clubs that host hillclimbs?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We just received word from ouir friends that the Manila Sportscar Club has decided to cancel the hillclimb altogether. RWYB nalang!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    delikado rin kasi ang hillclimb. i can understand why they would want to restrict it.

if a front-drive machine enters and understeers into a cliff, patay sila.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The course they use is a road section not along a cliff.

Hillclimb in Subic on Nov. 23