New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This was the first 1-2 finish of any manufacturer for this season.

But this was overshadowed by the fact that Alonso is already considered the virtual 2006 driver's champ.

But the hunt for the constructor's championship is still on, with McLaren finally edging Renault in the standing. Ferrari is a comfortable 3rd.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    The final 9 laps of this Brazilian GP has become boring... I actually changed channels then came back at the final lap. This was because Fernando Alonso was obviously cruising and happy with himself in 3rd place and had no plans or whatsoever to try and catch up with the McLarens.

The only highlight worthy of interest for me was the first time Montoya tried to overtake Alonso for P1 while flat-out. It was a neck-to-neck rocket race between the two on that long straight length of the circuit. There was no driving skill required. It was just a battle of the engines. You can really see that when it comes to speed, the Mercedes engine is really faster than the Renault.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Kimi is my champion

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    watch out for mclaren next year.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the iceman havent cometh...

yet

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    will ferrari bounce back kaya? sana...hehehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yah!

si Kimi ang SUGO!

abangan ang pagbabalik!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    The final 9 laps of this Brazilian GP has become boring... I actually changed channels then came back at the final lap. This was because Fernando Alonso was obviously cruising and happy with himself in 3rd place and had no plans or whatsoever to try and catch up with the McLarens.

The only highlight worthy of interest for me was the first time Montoya tried to overtake Alonso for P1 while flat-out. It was a neck-to-neck rocket race between the two on that long straight length of the circuit. There was no driving skill required. It was just a battle of the engines. You can really see that when it comes to speed, the Mercedes engine is really faster than the Renault.
    Alonso himself admitted that he did not give Montoya a challenge to overtake him so that he can safely take himself to the WDC title. He claims that his style will be much different in the last 2 races, at least if Renault don't give Fisi the better car for a change. :D

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Alonso himself admitted that he did not give Montoya a challenge to overtake him so that he can safely take himself to the WDC title. He claims that his style will be much different in the last 2 races, at least if Renault don't give Fisi the better car for a change. :D
    Atleast the last 2 races will still be interesting with the McLaren and the Renault at dead-even in the Constructor's Championship. It still makes sense for both Alonso and Kimi to win the last 2 races to get full points for their teams.

In fact, if Kimi will win both final races. He can still be the World Champion that never was - since he has won more GP races than Alonso. The only thing that prevented Kimi from being a champion was his Mercedes engine blew-up several times in the early races + tire problem in the European GP that sent him into the wall.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmm... gogogo Montoya. Kimi may be up and coming, but Montoya has now won how many? :lol:

I know, JPM is old news and not in the hunt, but give him a good car and (sometimes) a slippery track, and he shines.

What would be interesting next year is if Kimi, Fernando and Schuey get evenly matched cars... that would make it an exciting race.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
McLaren 1-2 at the Brazilian GP 2006