New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Finally...

Alonso & Fisi sealed the Constructor's championship for Renault!

And Alonso also won the last GP of the season... matching Kimi's 7 GP win for the season (and hopefully, satisfying some detractors on his "hollow" championship).

Though am not really sure on Renault's stategy to "delay" the two Mclarens using Fisi (and widening Alonso's gap).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is there any truth to the rumor that they will be using the Geely 1.0 as a safety car for the race? :bwahaha:

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    This year's 2005 Shanghai Grand Prix was a boring race. Here's my tidbits:

1) The real winner of the 2005 Shanghai GP was the Mercedes-Benz Safety Car. Imagine all the ooohhs and the aaahhhs, as people spent the next 6 boring laps admiring its sleek design and cool mag wheels. They gave the fans something to daydream about: "I can't own an F1, but I hope I can buy a safety car like that when I grow up."

2) I was rooting for Minardi the entire race. It was so majestic watching those cars circling the circuit for the last time. When Albers crashed his Minardi on Schumacher at the warm-up drive, I immediately exclaimed, "That's my Minardi!"

3) Fisi once again proved his jinx, a stupid penalty that cost him a third place trophy and a chance for photo-op at the podium.

4) I once thought this Shanghai Circuit would be exciting because of its long straight strech and very wide open spaces. But I haven't seen any dramatic overtaking since last year. I nearly fell asleep for 10 laps. I don't like this China Circuit at all. I'm a Monaco and Belgium kinda guy.

5) Atleast I have Narain Karthakeyan to wake me up by crashing his Jordan in a spectacular manner. I really think the emergency crews were too slow to respond to that accident. The fire could have engulf him in flames in seconds and the stewards were just watching there on the sidelines. Can't blame them though, this is probably the first time a huge crash happened on the brand new Sinopec Circuit so they were awed seeing a huge crash right before their own eyes.

6) A dislocated drainage cover cost Juan Pablo Montoya a chance to become third place in the Driver's Championship. What do you expect? That drainage cover is "Made in China".

7) Does anyone seriously believe Michael Schumacher spun himself out-of-control into the gravel trap due to cold tires while tailing the safety car? I really think he was simply too bored to go on completing the race. He can't wait to go on vacation after the most disappointing season in his career.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    He can't wait to go on vacation after the most disappointing season in his career.
    1997 is more disappointing for Schumi (he was disqualified after tangling with the Jacques).

Just look at it this way... his F2005 was like the car when he started with Scuderia Ferrari (1996). Both cars just sucks but he still managed to take home 3rd place overall.

===

I can't just wait for next year! Let's see who did their homework for the new engine configuraiton...

===

BoyFerrari, And I also agree with you on the China circuit... it was so freaking boring!!! I fell asleep twice during the entire race (heck, I was awake the whole time during the Indy GP 2005).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    6) A dislocated drainage cover cost Juan Pablo Montoya a chance to become third place in the Driver's Championship. What do you expect? That drainage cover is "Made in China".
    malas talaga ni montoya.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    BoyFerrari, And I also agree with you on the China circuit... it was so freaking boring!!! I fell asleep twice during the entire race (heck, I was awake the whole time during the Indy GP 2005).
    Yeah. When Montoya finally flagged a DNF, it was all garbage time all the way to the checkered flag.

What an anti-climactic ending for Formula 1, just after Suzuka that turned out to be the most exciting race the entire season.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Poor Kimi, he had to use the same Suzuka engine which was revved down unlike the Renaults which used new spec engines. And it was a boring race, no overtaking.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Nakaka-inip isipin na yung susunod na F1 GP eh sa Mahal na Araw pa! Wala pang pasko ah! Haaayy, tagal ...

Buti na lang may NBA na ulit. May pamalit na sa sports channel.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Poor Montoya... stupid drainage. Poor Kimi, stupid engine... but then, the reason McLaren is at the end of the 2-race cycle is because of their previous engine problems, which put them off schedule. Remember how fast Kimi was in Suzuka? That's because he had a new engine then, and Renault was at the end of the 2-race cycle. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

McLaren's jinx just goes on and on and on... but this win was fair and square for Alonso... even if Fisi hadn't "accidentally" held up Schumi and Kimi at the pit entrance. That was an honestly funny moment in the history of "team orders". Fisi didn't appear too pissed about it, he got back at Raikkonen for the pass at Suzuka. :lol:

Even without Fisi's in-pit holding action, I don't think Kimi could have done anything. But Fernando's engine fire when he pulled into the winners' circle is a testament to how hard they were both pushing at the end.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Renault takes the Driver's & Constructor's Championship at the Chinese GP 2006