New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    But I know zilch. Help me naman o, guys. :wink:
    My car's all stock. Glenn's gonna help me with the sounds but that's half the fun. I saw pictures of you guys and mukhang masaya maglaro sa putik. Hoho. Gimme tips and stuff ha.

PS. ok lang bang maki saling pusa sa mga offroad trips niyo even if my car's not yet set-up? i'll bring browniesand yummy cookies.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alex,

All stock is no problem. Halos lahat naman kami all stock dito or minimal mods lang. You don't really have to know much. Experience will usually teach you that. You just have to know what that little shift lever is for.

Sa summer vacation, off-roading ang number 1 sa listahan ko of things to do. Tamang-tama, malamang madami ding newbies na sasama nun.

The first time I drove in Porac kabado pa for the first two hours. Puro, "kaya ba ng sasakyan ko iyan?" ang laging nasa isip at lagi kong itinatanong. Sa sobrang kaba ko, na-stuck ako sa ilog. hehehe. After that, I just powered through almost all the obstacles. Wohoo! Wala palang lugar ang nerbyos sa off-roading. Common sense, yes. Paranoia, no.

Some words of wisdom:
    *Keep your foot off the clutch (no matter how it feels like the engine will stall any second now).

And my favorite:
    *FOUR LOW! GO! GO! GO! (ayos, lahat ng obstacles nalusutan).alex,

All stock is no problem. Halos lahat naman kami all stock dito or minimal mods lang. You don't really have to know much. Experience will usually teach you that. You just have to know what that little shift lever is for.

Sa summer vacation, off-roading ang number 1 sa listahan ko of things to do. Tamang-tama, malamang madami ding newbies na sasama nun.

The first time I drove in Porac kabado pa for the first two hours. Puro, "kaya ba ng sasakyan ko iyan?" ang laging nasa isip at lagi kong itinatanong. Sa sobrang kaba ko, na-stuck ako sa ilog. hehehe. After that, I just powered through almost all the obstacles. Wohoo! Wala palang lugar ang nerbyos sa off-roading. Common sense, yes. Paranoia, no.

Some words of wisdom:
    *Keep your foot off the clutch (no matter how it feels like the engine will stall any second now).

And my favorite:
    *FOUR LOW! GO! GO! GO! (ayos, lahat ng obstacles nalusutan).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah... pwede ba ako sumali kung naka car lang ako na ordinary?
    ahahahhaha

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alex
    But I know zilch. Help me naman o, guys. :wink:
    My car's all stock. Glenn's gonna help me with the sounds but that's half the fun. I saw pictures of you guys and mukhang masaya maglaro sa putik. Hoho. Gimme tips and stuff ha.

PS. ok lang bang maki saling pusa sa mga offroad trips niyo even if my car's not yet set-up? i'll bring browniesand yummy cookies.
    alex,
    maraming off-roaders ang naka-STOCK.
    pero mas maraming may pang-offroad na STUCK sa highway.
    whats your machine by the way?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    stock!!!!!!!dats wer the challenge is. ako nga sumunod sa 2 hammer, dinaanan nila. kita ko nahirapan but kinyanan so sugod din yung paj ko. naiipit kc stock. always remember, yung challenge ay being stock n no modifications. dats wer u get the to respect ur stock ride kc u see how much it can do 4 u.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama si KCboy, nung first time ko pinalitan ko lang yung street tires pero everything is stock, modified lang yung driver he..he :lol: im hammering up with the big guys (super big tires modified rigs) like otep, since kasi na stuck ako lumakas na ang loob ko

lifted from i posted last year october ilang mga tips lang naman

OFF ROAD DRIVING TIPS
    -THUMBS UP-always keep your thumbs up and away from the steering wheel, its possible that your thumbs may be injured if the front wheelshit an obstacle, causing the wheel to spin violently in your hands.

-AS SLOW AS PRACTICAL AS FAST AS NEEDED- Take it easy and dont rush things. Its far easier to read the ground ahead if youre proceeding slowly. The exception is when a degree of momentum is required to carry the vehicle through, or up, some traction, or power sapping obstacle.

UNDERSTAND YOUR VEHICLE- knowing your vehicles lowest point of clearance is usually the diff case- will help

CROSSING SOFT GROUNDS-try to pick the best in line through. Use the highest gear in the low range, if wheel slip, blip the throttle, turning the front wheels from side to side to help find traction

DRIVING ROUGH GROUND-keep speed to a mininum Be aware of the vehicle clearnce and watch out for ruts stumps and rocks.if necessary, drive wheels over obstacle to raise the vehicle over them.

WATER FORDING-it is essential to check the depth of the water to be crossed. Ensure your exists is clear and easy to drive.Use low-range (first if practical, second if bed is soft), enter the water slowly, maintain speed steadily to build up bow wave, Once across remember braking efficency will be impaired until brakes dry out.

When Driving off road, remember to always show consideration- for fellow travelers, whatever their means of transport, for local people, landowners and countryside in general.
    Treat everything you come across with utmost respect and think about everything you do, Most of all remember :if in doubt, DONT

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alex,

initially, nakakatakot coz you'd think warat-warat yung SUV or Pick up mo after a Level1. but you'll be sruprised at what your ride can accomplish! Even in stock config. You'll prolly end up appreciating your ride over sedans :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think alex is the lady who drives a Trooper. Tama ba?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naku...isa nanamang LADY OFF ROADER ITO!!!!!!!!!!

go alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oi kcboy...siya ung sinasabi ko may ari ng gun shops...maybe you can get some gun tips from her.....

alex...nasana na ba ung trooper!?!?ano na balita?!?!

gusto mo....ung frontier mo muna ipang off road natin....kahit jan lang sa parking ng ateneo...ehrhehrehrherh

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Yep! I'm the trooper girl. And it's matic. K lang ba yun? Kelan next lakad niyo? Sama ako ha?

PS. Why can't I see the picture sa signature ko?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
I wanna offroad!