New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hi Guys, just a heads up.

You know Nigel Stepney (of the Ross Brawn/Jean Todt/Nigel Stepney fame)
    has just been filed criminal charges by his parent company Ferrari team.

I dont want to go into details of the charge here but, his whereabouts after
    the fact are "unknown" with rumors he is hiding somewhere in Asia.

Well guess what? I find this recent article funny in that he's actually hiding here in the Philippines!

Stepney responds

Ferrari's Nigel Stepney has responded to accusations of sabotage, telling The Sunday Times in London that he is the victim of a "dirty tricks campaign".

"I have confidence I’ll be cleared by the legal process that is now taking place," Stepney said, from his holiday location in the Philippines. "Everything is in the hands of my lawyer, so we’ll wait and see what happens."

Stepney says he is on a planned holiday and that Ferrari knows exactly where he is as his bookings were made through the Ferrari team travel office.
    Print News Story
    It seems alot of famous F1 personalities are in "hiding" or retiring in the Philippines. Another F1 guy and team owner of Toleman racing team is now retired here in the Philippines with his Filipina wife.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="7"]NAWAWALA SI STEPNEY![/SIZE] :waah: :cry2:

heads up nyo naman ako dito,o...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sorry forgot to mention. The above article comes from www.grandprix.com

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I assume na mayroon siyang kinakasama ritong Pinay, tama ba? At may anak yata sila.....

Ang galing talaga ng Pinay!.....

3101:transform:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and the drama continues ....

The following statement was issued by McLaren Racing on Tuesday, July 3rd:

"McLaren became aware on the 3rd July 2007 that a senior member of its technical organisation was the subject of a Ferrari investigation regarding the receipt of technical information. The team has learnt that this individual had personally received a package of technical information from a Ferrari employee at the end of April.

Whilst McLaren has no involvement in the matter and condemns such actions it will fully co-operate with any investigation. The individual has in the meanwhile been suspended by the company pending a full and proper investigation of the matter.

No further comment will be made.
    "

In view of the current investigation presently underway involving former Ferrari employee Nigel Stepney regarding questions of suspected sabotage and espionage within the Ferrari team, it is not known if this new information is linked with that ongoing case or if this issue is a separate matter.

Speculation shall now surely begin regarding the identity of the suspended McLaren team senior member.

Daniel BASTIEN
    © CAPSIS International

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    McLaren involved in Ferrari spy scandal

The espionage scandal involving Ferrari's Nigel Stepney deepened late on Tuesday when McLaren admitted that one of its senior technical staff is also implicated.

Woking based McLaren did not name him, but it is widely reported to be 48-year-old chief designer Mike Coughlan, who has been suspended, 'regarding the receipt of technical information' from countryman Stepney.

McLaren, insisting that it will 'fully cooperate' with Ferrari's own investigation and that of Italian police, said: "The team has learnt that this individual had personally received a package of technical information from a Ferrari employee at the end of April."

Mercedes-Benz's Norbert Haug declined to comment, but a spokesman for Ferrari said: "We have proof that Stepney had been supplying technical information to a McLaren employee and we found evidence of that fact in his (Coughlan's) home."

Other publications were unsuccessful in attempting to contact Coughlan and Stepney, who have known each other for seventeen years and worked together at Benetton and latterly at Ferrari's former technical base in Surrey.

Coughlan still lives in Surrey, where police raided his home this week and apparently found incriminating evidence.

A spokesman for F1's governing body, meanwhile, said: "We have received information on this matter, which we are examining."

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hmmm, the plot thickens... I'm wondering would Mclaren have suspended its senior technical staff if Ferrari hadnt discovered the leak and started an investigation? Unlikely. All of the sudden Mclaren is coming clean. (like Pontius Pilate washing his hands of the matter).

I think Mclaren is now distancing themselves from this whole mess altogether, before they get sued...

BTW, do we have an extradition treaty with Italy?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    Hmmm, the plot thickens... I'm wondering would Mclaren have suspended its senior technical staff if Ferrari hadnt discovered the leak and started an investigation? Unlikely. All of the sudden Mclaren is coming clean. (like Pontius Pilate washing his hands of the matter).

I think Mclaren is now distancing themselves from this whole mess altogether, before they get sued...
    Agree here,- That can also be an explanation why they are one of those who were protesting the "floor structure" of the Ferrari F1 car (not sure though).

Now, McLaren is engaging the International Automobile Federation to clear their name....

from:http://uk.reuters.com/article/motorS...16631420070704
    McLaren reassure Ferrari about documents
    Wed Jul 4, 2007 1:39PM BST

LONDON (Reuters) - Formula One championship leaders McLaren reassured Ferrari on Wednesday that they had not used any of the Italian team's data leaked to one of their senior technical employees.

"McLaren has completed a thorough investigation and can confirm that no Ferrari intellectual property has been passed to any other members of the team or incorporated into its cars," the British-based team said in a statement.

McLaren also invited the sport's governing body, the International Automobile Federation, to conduct a full review of the cars "to satisfy itself that the team has not benefited from any intellectual property of another competitor
    ---------------------------------------

Whew!

3101:transform:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    aha kaya pala nananalo ang McLaren may leakage!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Ferrari's Stepney responds