New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Brat in Korea get nuts about nuts jailed for a year
    Brats in the Philippines kills a person, not a single day in jail.

Digusting whats happening here in our country.

Compare this two:

Korean Air executive jailed in 'nut rage' case

"Steve Evans reports: "A year in prison and a mountain of humble pie"

A former executive of South Korea's national airline has been jailed for one year for obstructing aviation safety during a row over nuts."

bbc.com/news/world-asia-31433736

VS

2 Pinoys in US Marine’s slay granted probation

MANILA, Philippines - Four Filipinos accused of killing US Marine George Anikow in 2012 will not go to prison.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/me...me-anikow-case

I love the Philippines, I adore the Philippines but some Filipinos ruin it. (don't blame the government, there's something morally wrong with our culture to why such corruption is happening) I hope I get to see the day things change. Peace.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    It's because the philippine law enforcement is unable to enforce and the justice system has double standards

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    It's because the philippine law enforcement is unable to enforce and the justice system has double standards
    Agree on the 1st one, disagree on the 2nd point somewhat. Tingin ko hindi naman double standard, may pambili lang talaga rich kids.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Simply because our goverment agencies do not know how to implement our laws kaya walang natatakot sa batas aside from nabibili ang batas dito sa atin.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It's really disappointing, that Anikow case. Sobrang hina nung lawyer ng US. If they only said that they needed a competent lawyer, my wife would've volunteered (She's still undefeated in court after 10yrs of practice, at some point even defeated her former law profs in court). She's very sad about that murder case.
    Last edited by Horsepower; February 18th, 2015 at 09:49 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    It's really disappointing, that Anikow case. Sobrang hina nung lawyer ng US. If they only said that they needed a competent lawyer, my wife would've volunteered (She's still undefeated in court after 10yrs of practice). She's very sad about that murder case.
    bro, if you dont mind my asking, anong expertise ni wifey. TIA

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's really disappointing, that Anikow case. Sobrang hina nung lawyer ng US. If they only said that they needed a competent lawyer, my wife would've volunteered (She's still undefeated in court after 10yrs of practice). She's very sad about that murder case.
    bro, if you dont mind my asking, anong expertise ni wifey. TIA

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'll ask but most of the cases she's handled are criminal in nature. (murder, homicide, robbery, etc). She also had cases involving estate feuds, realty scams (yung double sale ng lands - although most of these ended in settlements in favor of her clients). Not really sure what her specialty is since she handles whatever is brought to her.

BTW, she's with the Govt right now ha.
    Last edited by Horsepower; February 18th, 2015 at 10:17 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I'll ask but most of the cases she's handled are criminal in nature. (murder, homicide, robbery, etc). She also had cases involving estate feuds, realty scams (yung double sale ng lands - although most of these ended in settlements in favor of her clients). Not really sure what her specialty is since she handles whatever is brought to her.

BTW, she's with the Govt right now ha.
    okies, is she connected to atty Persida Acosta of PAO?
    di bale i know where to get a great attorney if case i needed. Basta pro bono lang tayo ah... LOL

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    di bale i know where to get a great attorney if case i needed. Basta pro bono lang tayo ah... LOL
    LOL. All of her pro bono cases won (mostly labor cases). No, not with PAO. Marami din magagaling na lawyers sa PAO, sobrang overloaded lang.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    LOL. All of her pro bono cases won (mostly labor cases). No, not with PAO. Marami din magagaling na lawyers sa PAO, sobrang overloaded lang.