1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ano nanaman pumasok sa isip ni senadora

IF SHE DOESN’T MAKE ICJ:
    Sen Santiago running for president to ‘terrorize’ foes

By Maila Ager
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 13:50:00 06/27/2008

NEW YORK CITY -- If she is not elected to the International Court of Justice (ICJ), Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago said she might run for president “just to put terror in the heart of my enemies.”

But if she does get a seat in ICJ, Santiago said she would resign as senator.
    “I would have to resign [as senator] because the term [of an ICJ judge] will begin by about the first week of January and I would miss about one year of my term. So if that happens, I hope that the electorate will forgive me,” Santiago told reporters here at a reception for her candidacy on Thursday.
    “If I don’t make it, then I’ll probably run for president of the Philippines. That is just to put terror in the heart of my enemies,” she said.
    “But I do know that my enemies will heave a collective sigh relief [if she wins an ICJ seat]. That’s my only regret,” she said.
    President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo is here, among other reasons, to lobby for the senator’s candidacy to the ICJ.
    Santiago said she was confident Arroyo’s presence would be a big boost to her candidacy in November.
    “Well, her [Arroyo] enemies will be disappointed to know that President Arroyo is very prestigious in the United Nations because of her pronouncements about women’s rights and human rights in general,” she said.
    “She is admired for her courage,” she added. “In our country, we don’t emphasize this, but when she goes to certain troubled countries for example, like Kuwait, to rescue those women in distress there, she earns a lot of admiration for her courage there.”
    The senator claims to have secured over 100 votes, which is over the simple majority of 97 of the 192 member-states of the UN.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    bahala siya sa buhay niya....huwag lang sya mag hubad.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Brenda is at it again!!! :hysterical:

6303:fetch:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    this woman has lost it...when I heard her campaign back in '92 for president she was full of energy, and didn't represent any "trapos" in her...but sad to say she has been absorbed by the corrupt practices that she opposes before...if ever she does make a run at the presidential race, I think she'll be totally dismayed that her following greatly diminished from 1992, to 1998 to a minimal in 2010.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think email barrage na natin ICJ, na tanggapin siya para mabawasan na isang :crazy: dito sa pinas...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    She gets my vote. Government is already as crazy as it is so why not?

:2hearts:

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sana bisitahin muna ni madam senator ang Sulu, Basilan bago siya mag iinte international

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    omg, maawa ka sa pilipinas, paupuin mo na sya sa icj

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Marami na ang matinong kandidato na nung maging presidente eh naging sira-ulo.

Sa tingin nyo ano mangyayari sa sira-ulo kapag naging presidente?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    eto panlaban namin.................eddie gil ede hel...eee de hel!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sen. Santiago running for president...if she doesn't elected to ICJ!