New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kindly share how you clean and polish your leather shoes. I'm more of a sneaker and rubber shoes kind of guy kasi.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Madalas KIWI shoe polish lang.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    used to use Kiwi Liquid Shoe Shine until someone advised me against using it.

so dun sa mga really expensive leather shoes, damp rag and this leather cleaner na nakuha ko dun sa may gateway.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    for quick shine, my bro uses armor all.

not sure if it has adverse effects on the shoes tho.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    i used to use kiwi also, pero after awhile nag crack yung leather nung shoes ko. Now i just use the leather cleaner and enhancer na same brand ng shoes ko, and so far it works well naman. for everyday cleaning, rag lang or brush.

ang sabi ng iba, its the alcohol content ng mga instant shine that causes the leather to dry up and eventually crack.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kiwi lag din ako... how about ung nag fade na color? i mean natanggal ung pagka black niya kasi nababasa? pano ibabalik un?

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    how about for nubuck shoes? medyo wla na ko nakikitang kiwi nuback cleaner.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by karl88 View Post
    i used to use kiwi also, pero after awhile nag crack yung leather nung shoes ko. Now i just use the leather cleaner and enhancer na same brand ng shoes ko, and so far it works well naman. for everyday cleaning, rag lang or brush.

ang sabi ng iba, its the alcohol content ng mga instant shine that causes the leather to dry up and eventually crack.
    shoe polish is good. pero from time to time (once a year) clean your shoes with kerosene. this will wipe off the accumulated wax. minsan yung cracks na nakikita natin e hindi talaga sa leather kundi sa dried wax. turo yan ng kaibigan kong sapatero.

yung kiwi liquid wax hindi advisable as it makes the leather brittle.

and never dry your shoes in direct sunlight

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Leather wipes ng Meguiar's pagkagamit sa coche sabay na sa shoes :hihihi:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by karl88 View Post

Totoo yan.....napansin ko lang, pag madalas yung gamit mo ng Kiwi, pag nag patong-patong na yung applications (yung liquid), kumakapal yung leather, eventually, nagka-crack na yung surface ng sapatos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
How do you polish/clean your leather shoes?