New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    MANILA, Philippines – Quezon City Rep. Winston Castelo did not rest on his laurels. After proposing House Bill 5316 or the anti-planking bill, the lawmaker is proposing House Bill 5379 or the anti-angry birds bill.

The distinguished gentleman from Quezon City explained that he got the idea for the bill when he went shopping for Christmas gifts the other day at a mall. “Everywhere I looked, Angry Birds this, Angry Birds that! Where is the product diversity? Shouldn’t the DTI be monitoring this?” said Castelo. He added “…this is why this bill is even more important than my own anti-planking bill. I hope that my colleagues here at Batasan will support this bill.”

Rep. Castelo denied allegations that his proposal is similar to House Bill 4509 or anti-dildo bill, filed last May by Buhay partylist. “It’s a different kind of bird, very different from mine!”

An eyewitness said that Rep. Castelo went shopping at the famous 168 Mall in Divisoria last Saturday and got annoyed when all he saw were Angry Birds themed items. “Naghahanap po sya ng mga regalo para sa mga inaanak nya. Kaso po nung makita nyang panay may nakadikit na Angry Birds ang paninda namin, eh dun na po sya nag walk-out” (He was looking for gifts for his godchildren. But he walked-out when he saw that all our products had Angry Bird stickers on them) said a vendor who met Castelo.

PETA members protesting against the Angry Birds game.

This is not the first time that the popular IOS game (also available on Windows & Android) was in the news. Just last month, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals or PETA staged a protest denouncing the premise of the game. They said: “we are influencing our children into thinking that killing pigs and destroying their homes is ok. It is not!” Another PETA meber said that “if we think that demolishing the shanties around the Metro is inhumane and against human rights, what do you think these green pigs feel when a bird destroys their fortresses. Those swines has feelings and rights too!”

House Bill 5379 or the anti-angry birds bill aims to monitor the diversity, quality and quantity of items bearing the angry birds likeness. According to the draft, a stall shall have no more than two kinds of the said birds emblazoned on it’s items. Items under the scope of the bill, includes but is not limited to: cups, mugs, pens, crayons, stickers, underwear, t-shirts, lingerie, cellphone accessories, plush dolls, action figures, books, spoon & forks, plates, caps, children’s toys, pins, clothing accessories, hair accessories, pants, shorts, watches, flash drives, wrist straps, pillows, candies, and stationary items among others. Items not stated above but bears semblance or similarity to the Angry Birds franchise are subject to the law as well.

Violators to this law will be sentenced to 6 months solitary confinement to a special facility called “The Angry Birds Room” inside the New Bilibid Prison. The room will be composed of an Angry Birds toilet,sink, tissue paper & soap, as well as walls painted with scenes from the game. Eating utensils for the inmate will also come standard with the said designs.

Vendors who are found guilty are also subject to the confiscation of the prohibited items which will then be burned or donated to “The Angry Birds Room”.

After Anti-Planking, Lawmaker Proposes Anti-Angry Birds Bill. « So, What's News?
    Si Winston strikes again!! Walang magawa ito sa congress!! :hysterical:

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ba't di siya magpasa ng bill next time.
    ipagbawal nya pagpasok ng bagyo sa pilipinas, bwisettt!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    :hysterical: ano ba yan?! :twak:
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    badinger-z ba yang si castelo?
    tindi ng parusa.

eh yan ang uso ngayon eh....angry birds.
    baka naghahanap siya ng hello kitty wala siyang makita. puro ibon nakikita nya sa 168......

Violators to this law will be sentenced to 6 months solitary confinement to a special facility called “The Angry Birds Room” inside the New Bilibid Prison. The room will be composed of an Angry Birds toilet,sink, tissue paper & soap, as well as walls painted with scenes from the game. Eating utensils for the inmate will also come standard with the said designs.

Vendors who are found guilty are also subject to the confiscation of the prohibited items which will then be burned or donated to “The Angry Birds Room”.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Why so serious? Political Satire lang siya...

So, What is So What’s News?

So, What’s News? is a satirical & fictional news website.

Our aim is to inject humor into everyday news and to provide respite to readers who have grown weary with mainstream news organization’s partisan, biased and depressing way of presenting the news.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Pu*anginang yan. :hysterical:

Skwater siya, skwater! :rofl:

Sana talaga may magpropose ng " Anti-Stupid Bill Act " HAHAHAHAHAHA.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Angry Birds room. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Gago amp*ta.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Halatang maraming Angry Birds fans... Political Satire nga yung storya at di totoo. Huwag makulit...

Netizens fall for satirical ‘Anti-Angry Birds Bill’ - Technology - GMA News Online - Latest Philippine News

Netizens fall for satirical ‘Anti-Angry Birds Bill’
    PATERNO ESMAQUEL II, GMA News
    10/02/2011 | 01:16 PM

Filipino netizens are fuming over a supposed bill that seeks to ban the online game “Angry Birds," making the said bill the Philippines’ third most discussed topic on Twitter this Sunday.

News on the so-called “Anti-Angry Birds Bill" is going viral on social networking sites after the satirical website “So, What’s News?" posted a story on this last Friday. The bill was supposedly filed by Quezon City Rep. Winston Castelo, who earlier filed a bill against planking during street protests.

The satire said Castelo got the idea for the bill when he went Christmas shopping the other day at a mall. “Everywhere I looked, ‘Angry Birds’ this, ‘Angry Birds’ that! Where is the product diversity? Shouldn’t the DTI be monitoring this?" the representative supposedly said.

“This is why this bill is even more important than my own Anti-Planking Bill. I hope that my colleagues here at Batasan will support this bill," Castelo said, according to the website.

In a Facebook message to GMA News Online, Castelo said he finds the satirical Angry Birds Bill "funny and amusing." "I play the game. That's the favorite of my son. It's a hoax, kuryente," he said.

"I'm busy with the repeal of the Oil Deregulation Law and FOI bill," he added.

“So What’s News?" is a website that aims “to inject humor into everyday news to provide respite to readers who have grown weary with mainstream news organizations’ partisan, biased, and depressing way of presenting the news."

Reminding furious netizens

With the satirical bill now trending on Twitter, some netizens have had to remind other angry Twitter users that such a bill is nonexistent, and merely calls attention to political issues.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    This is not the ight ticket to publicity. Tsktsk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Brain Dead ang tawag diyan :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HB # 5379 (Anti Angry Birds Bill)