The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...ticle_id=89869

God responds to lawsuit

Associated Press
    Last updated 10:55am (Mla time) 09/21/2007

LINCOLN, Nebraska -- God has apparently responded to a lawsuit filed by a Nebraska lawmaker, and one of the filings seems to have dropped in from the heavens. "This one miraculously appeared on the counter. It just all of a sudden was here -- poof!" said John Friend, clerk of the Douglas County District Court in Omaha.

The response was one of at least two to a lawsuit filed against God last week by state Senator Ernie Chambers of Omaha, the state's longest-serving lawmaker.

Signed by "God," the response filed Wednesday argues the defendant is immune from some earthly laws and the court lacks jurisdiction over God.

Blaming the Almighty for human oppression and suffering misses an important point, it says.

"I created man and woman with free will and next to the promise of immortal life, free will is my greatest gift to you," according to the response, as read by Friend.

St. Michael the Archangel is listed as a witness, Friend said.

Another response -- also signed God -- says the Lord disputes Chambers' allegations.

That filing lists a phone number for a Corpus Christi law office. A message left for that office was not immediately returned Thursday.

Chambers could not be reached Thursday to comment on the response.

He said in his five-page lawsuit that God has made terroristic threats against him and his constituents, inspired fear and caused "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

He's seeking a permanent injunction against God.

The self-proclaimed agnostic who often criticizes Christians said his filing was triggered by a federal lawsuit against a judge, filed by a woman who was barred from saying "rape," "victim" and other words in court.

Chambers said the woman's lawsuit is inappropriate because the Nebraska Supreme Court has already considered the case and federal courts follow the decisions of state supreme courts on state matters.

Chambers said his lawsuit was serious but also makes a point: Anybody can sue anybody.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    "I guess it's still the way it used to be......"

3909:trampoline:
    Last edited by CVT; September 21st, 2007 at 12:01 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ahaha...yung lawyer ni God taga Corpus Christi (in english, the body of Christ) :rofl01:

sino kaya lawyer niya, si San Pedro? o si Johnnie Cochran?? :rofl:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kakaiba ito ah. :hysterical: may hearing ba itesh?san? sa heaven or sa hell?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how is God supposed to be tried by a jury of his peers? :rofl01:

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    it could be that those who responded are the soldiers of God. the lucky one who gets a vision or apparition.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and i thought God writes on stone tablets?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yari yan kay God, fire and brimstone will engulf his home hehe

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kulang lang sa tulog yan… tranquilizer muna para solve.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Funniest thing I've read... Really made my day hehe. I'd love to be part of the jury, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Only in America? - senator sued God