New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    What grade GMA gave PNoy in economics

By Patrick Quintos, ABS-CBNnews.com
    Posted at 01/05/2015 2:20 AM

MANILA - President Benigno Aquino III recalled how former President and now Pampanga Representative Gloria Macapagal Arroyo gave him hard time back in college as her student in economics.

In an interview on "Gandang Gabi Vice," Aquino said Arroyo was very knowledgeable about the subject and often gave them thick reading lists, especially during the final exams.

"Kapag final exams nga e parang, isang libro, isang tanong. Itinanong nga nung kaklase ko, ' ma'am, mamimili po ba kami ng reading list?' [Ang sagot niya,] 'no, we have to go through all of that,''' he recalled.

Asked what grade he got in Arroyo's subject, Aquino said: "B+."

Years after that college encounter, Arroyo went on to become president of the Philippines for nine years and Aquino became her successor.

In 2012, Rep. Arroyo issued a statement entitled "It's the economy, student!" which was meant to school Aquino after the Philippine economy went down to 3.2% growth in the third quarter of 2011, way below the the 7% growth recorded when she stepped down.

But the Philippines received its first-ever investment grade credit rating from Fitch in March 2013, as the economy grew at one of the fastest rates in Asia.

Moody's and Standard & Poor's followed suit, completing the Philippines' rise to investment grade rank.—Gandang Gabi Vice, January 4, 2015
    What grade GMA gave PNoy in economics | ABS-CBN News

pasado naman pala sa school

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro,- I remember tuloy one of our subjects in elementary grade....

It is called,- GMRC - Good Manners and Right Conduct..

I am now chuckling, as I realized that GMA stopped at manifesting (only) Good Manners And.......

Oh well....

BTT: Again,- as I explained much earlier,- the pitfall on the economic strategy of this government is a classic (extreme) approach to showing/accumulating high reserves...

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.4K:santa:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^I agree in part bro but I think it was prudent on Pnoy's part not to release the reserves earlier or risk losing most of it to corruption. I think he made sure the fundamentals are in place before embarking on those projects, albeit a bit late.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    ^I agree in part bro but I think it was prudent on Pnoy's part not to release the reserves earlier or risk losing most of it to corruption. I think he made sure the fundamentals are in place before embarking on those projects, albeit a bit late.
    Agree bro. Classic business school case, no corruption, you can expect at least break even BOP....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    si noynoy lang bale ang naiwan sa family nila nuong pinadala sa usa si ninoy nuong martial law? that's pretty ballsy (no pun intended directed at his sister hehe) of him

i read somewhere crush niya nga din dati si gma nuong teacher niya hehe

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    si noynoy lang bale ang naiwan sa family nila nuong pinadala sa usa si ninoy nuong martial law? that's pretty ballsy (no pun intended directed at his sister hehe) of him

i read somewhere crush niya nga din dati si gma nuong teacher niya hehe
    School legend ba iyan, bro?... nyehehe....

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.5K:cold:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ just read it in one of our broadsheets before. kasi nung mga panahon ata ni noynoy wala pang babae sa campus kaya limited ang nakikitang females sa campus kaya pati si gma napagdiskitahan niya

btw, i think it was wise of noynoy not to mess w/ the economic policies of gma. he was open minded enough to see that what gma put into place re the country's economic direction was working well. iyon nga lang sablay lang si gma sa personal and familial philosophies nila kaya nagkandaleche-leche talaga silang mag-anak

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Hindi maitatangi ang paglago ng Ekonomiya especially on Business Sectors.

Pero nakikita pa rin ang malawak ng kahirapan sa bansa at kailangan pang i push ang magandang reporma para maramdaman ng ating mga kababayan ang tunay na pag-unlad.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    We should also see to it na maalis ang corruption at krimen sa bansa na nakakaapekto ng malaki sa ekonomiya.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Yan ba ang dahilan kaya galit si noynoy kay gloria?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast