New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    What can you say about this tweet?

For me, using English on debate can really help you win medal for debates. But the purpose of the debate is to help the voting population understand who they are voting for, isn't it more appropriate to use the language understood by majority of the population?

Besides, those who can speak English chances are, they have access to internet and aware of the current events and already know who they are voting for. These debates have little use for them. While those who can barely understood English barely know whats happening around the country, don't even know the list of candidates. These debates are for them.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Bakit bro ano issue ni Teddy Boy?

(Ooops sorry hindi ko kagad nakita attached image hehe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Siya rin yung anlakas at malutong magmura sa tagalog di ba? Napaka-hipokrito.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Bakit bro ano issue ni Teddy Boy?

(Ooops sorry hindi ko kagad nakita attached image hehe)

He is currently getting the irk of netizens as his tweets sounds like he is dissing tagalog.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    He is currently getting the irked of netizens as his tweets sounds like he is dissing tagalog.
    Yes bro, apologies since yung attached image sa post mo is late nag display sakin.

BTT

Para sa masa itong debate na ito, lalangawin yan kung inglesan.

Parang previous SONAs ng Presidents, dati pure english ayun walang interes majority of the masses.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'd use the language wherein i can think better.
    using the other language, knowing that one trips and falls over it, is akin to boxing with one arm tied behind...

what will the people think? who knows..? i mean, there are still pilipinos out there, who are impressed by good english...
    it's damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario...

my thoughts...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i really like teddy boy locsin's body of writing work and strong nationalistic fervor (if i remember an old anecdote correctly this guy got into a fiery fisticuffs w/ a pair of disrespectful americans who were basically being rude to the Philippine national anthem in a makati movie theater several years back) but lately he's become very abrasive - probably due to age na din. hehe. i guess locsin is just heckling for the sake of heckling

what's ironic w/ locsin's latest round of controversial tweets is he's an excellent tagalog writer too. if you guys remember erap's memorable inauguration speech - the one w/ the walang kamag-anak, waalang kumpare, walang kaibigan line - then you've heard a sampling of how good teddy boy's pen and paper skills are. he never acknowledged it publicly but that most famous tagalog presidential speech is largely attributed to him
    Last edited by baludoy; March 22nd, 2016 at 07:33 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    debate pala yun?! :-)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Strange for him to say something like that. He can claim his account got hacked. Or maybe he's being sarcastic at these 2 candidates, one is a graduate of U.S. school and the other left the country to live there.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'd use the language wherein i can think better.
    using the other language, knowing that one trips and falls over it, is akin to boxing with one arm tied behind...

what will the people think? who knows..? i mean, there are still pilipinos out there, who are impressed by good english...
    it's damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario...

my thoughts...
    If you are not well versed in using tagalog, I don't think you'd be popular presidentiable to the voting public who majority of them understands tagalog.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast