New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    NLEX for North and SLEX for South. I prefer that consistency.

House committee OKs renaming NLEX to Cory Aquino Expressway
    ABS-CBNnews.com
    Posted at 05/10/2015 2:09 PM

MANILA - A bill renaming the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) to President Corazon C. Aquino Expressway (CAEX) has been passed at the committee-level at the House of Representatives.

"If favorably passed into law, it will constantly remind us of the noble deeds of the late President especially for the poor, and inspire our people to emulate her example of selfless service to the nation while her exceptional courage and leadership gave hope and united the Filipino people at a critical time in the country's history," said Nueva Ecija Rep. Magnolia Rosa Antonino.

NLEX was originally called the Manila North Diversion Road and Manila North Expressway (MNEX). It is officially known in government documents as Radial Road 8, the toll expressway linking Metro Manila to the provinces of the Central Luzon Region.

The 84-kilometer highway starts from Quezon City and passes through Caloocan City and Valenzuela City in Metro Manila, Meycauayan, Marilao, Bocaue, Balagtas, Guiguinto, Malolos, Plaridel and Pulilan in Bulacan, San Simon, San Fernando, Mexico, and Angeles City in Pampanga.

It ends in Mabalacat City in Pampanga and merges with the MacArthur Highway, continuing northward into the rest of Central and Northern Luzon.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Puro kalokohan. Walang gawing tama

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CAE. Rhymes with ta3. Kaya di rin masisi yung mga tao na di nagbabayad ng tax e, sayang lang kasi pinapasweldo sa mga tongressman na yan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    CAE. Rhymes with ta3. Kaya di rin masisi yung mga tao na di nagbabayad ng tax e, sayang lang kasi pinapasweldo sa mga tongressman na yan.
    Sige palitan na lahat ng mga aquino names kalsada para tuwing traffic sa kalsada na ay pwede magmura ng P.I. Corazon ka!!! or P.I. ninoy aquino interntional airport ka...worst airport na mabaho ka aquino.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Sige palitan na lahat ng mga aquino names kalsada para tuwing traffic sa kalsada na ay pwede magmura ng P.I. Corazon ka!!! or P.I. ninoy aquino interntional airport ka...worst airport na mabaho ka aquino.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

mas tama na ang sctex ang gawing cory expressway.
    ang nlex at slex... puede bang ninoy north and ninoy south na lang..?

btw..,. ang bibigat ng prublema ng bansa, 'no?

but seriously... why change the names at all? just keep them as is.. think of the expenses to be incurred in changing their names in all print literature...?
    Last edited by dr. d; May 11th, 2015 at 12:26 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    name all public utilities as AQUINO... mahal ang bayad, walang kwenta serbisyo.

kapag may masira, iba ang may sala

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    And i dont get bakit puring puri kay cory e wala namang ginawa. Blinded by media

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Dapat sa mga ganitong tongressmen/women isama bitayin kay Veloso. As if this country is in great shape that changing names is the most priority. Really a waste of taxpayers money and what's so great about the mader fackers Aquino to be hailed in every place?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    These politicians are all just egomaniacs wasting more of our taxes deliberating on who to name infrastructure after than doing actual work that would benefit us.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    OT

May hospital sa caloocan diosdado macapagal memorial medical center. Kadalasan yung mga dinadala daw dun namamatay.
    ayun naging diosdedo na ang tawag, asa memory ka na lang ng mga kamag anak mo pag labas mo

How i wish a lawmaker submits a bill that forbids naming anything after a politician / government officials patay man or buhay.

Kumusta na ba bill ni miram na nagbabawal na maglagay ng pangalan ng pulitiko sa project na ginagawa?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast