New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    dudes,

don't know what the correct term is but just curious what are LTO rules on towing or attaching a trailer to ur ride?
    may have to long haul some "homegrown" soon
    that's if i figure out how to open the..what do u call that on the rear door just above the foot plate of the pajero....looks like a hook thing

:confused: : sobrang newbie

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's a pintle hook. Most probably seized na iyan. Paliguan mo ng WD40 and leave overnight to loosen it. To open it, you have to lift the little T-handle on top of the pintle hook. This will allow you to open the jaws of the pintle hook itself.

For the LTO, the trailer should be registered.

In the interest of safety, your trailer should have lights (brake, turn, tail). A Pajero is rated to tow 750kg if your trailer has no brakes so that the brakes will not get overwhelmed (and overheated). It will tow a whole lot more with a braked trailer (either inertia/surge brakes or the better electric brakes).

Don't forget to hang the trailer safety chain on either eyelet provided on the side of the Pajero's pintle hook.

Read stuff on the net about towing.

I haul palay with my Pajero. Mostly on farm roads and a little bit on the National Highway en route to the rice mill.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    salamat sir
    calamansi at dalandan is what I'll haul
    now to look for where i can get the trailer u mentioned
    yung nasa bukid WW2 replica pa 'ata
    pag nasa farm roads ok na cguro yun

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pareho tayo ng trailer siguro. WW II vintage ang gamit ko. Dating hinihila ng Willy's na Jeep.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by rlp1099
    dudes,

don't know what the correct term is but just curious what are LTO rules on towing or attaching a trailer to ur ride?
    may have to long haul some "homegrown" soon
    that's if i figure out how to open the..what do u call that on the rear door just above the foot plate of the pajero....looks like a hook thing

:confused: : sobrang newbie
    dapat registered yung trailer
    dapat yung restriction code sa drivers license mo naka-indicate that you can drive vehicles with trailer
    pero di naman masyadong sitahin.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di sitahin kung wala ka sa main roads. Sa PNCC (NLEX or SLEX) or TMG road areas siguradong sisitahin ka...

It would require you to show that you vechicle is going to tow a trailer (bring it or get a picture of it - ride with the towed trailer) as proof daw (according to the LTO peeps) so they could adjust your license restriction.

I tried to have my license ugraded kasi.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was told may insurance din dapat ang trailer.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    may driving school ba that teaches how to back up a trailer?

trailer/towing