New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hello everybody,

I've been facing this overheating problem with my pajero intercooler. Each time I leave my house in paranaque, I make sure my radiator is filled up but when I arrive at my destination, say in QC or even mandaluyong/san juan, the temperature gauge will start to register a bit higher, about 1/2. (The normal gauge default during normal operation is (just like what most japanese cars will register) a little bit under 1/2, i.e., whether at high speed or caught in traffic). When I check the radiator, I can see the metal core of the radiator indicating that the coolant/water escaped during that travel.

I check for leaks on all areas and could not find one. To ensure that I see all possible leak points, I even took off the shroud of the fan blade so I can see if the radiator is leaking from behind, but it was clean (had the radiator overhauled two weeks ago, by the way, to eliminate "clogged radiator"). I checked the already-dead bypass water pipe to the heater that runs behind the cylinder head for possible leaks but it didn't show any. Believe me people, i checked everywhere for leaks but can not locate anything, even put new radiator anti-rust to give color to the water so a leak may be clearly identified, but to no avail. I will conclude that the Thermostat and water pump are in good condition because water inside the radiator can be seen as "rushing" when you take the radiator cap off. Radiator cap is a new and original. THE WATER SHOULD BE GOING SOMEWHERE, otherwise why does my radiator need topping up after a short trip like that. There are no puddles of water in my garage in the morning or even after a few minutes after turning the engine "off". I am now about to conclude that the water had mixed with the oil. But the radiator is clean and there are no signs of it mixing with the oil. This means the Head Gasket is ok and the cylinder head hasn't warped. Am I correct in saying that ?

Am I missing something here ?? Where has the water gone ??!! Anyone tried anything in a situation like this before ? Could it be that the water escaped in form of steam, thus no puddles of water can be traced ? But shouldn't the green color of the anti-rust indicate a leak whether in liquid or steam form ?

Help !!! Am going bananas already !!!!!

Lemans

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    kung walang leak at hindi nag babawas ng tubig baka hindi nag wowork ang fan ng A/C sa harap ng radiator. dapat mag automatic "ON" ang fan pag ginagamit ang A/C. good luck.

Pajero Overheating