New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    For your suggestions and first hand experience info. Im planning to buy a second hand AUV or SUV. It has to have enough passenger space for the family (or anglers on a trip), fuel efficient, parts and repair services readily available, will last on our not so perfect roads, offers riding comfort. Budget is 600k max, at most 5 years old.

Your inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for auvs, I would suggest getting an adventure or sportivo, you get a good people carrier with reliable diesel engine. parts are readily available.

for suvs, 600k will fit your budget but for a 5 year old, it will be hard. stretching your budget to 700k, will get you an 01 4x2 pajero. for me, that is the best value for your budget, if you want, you could get a 99 to 00 model for the safari, more reliable than the pajero, can fit a family and you will get the reliability and utility of a real SUV bult to go offroad.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Pajero Field Master.

but for a 5 year old most. mukang hindi kaya sa 600k.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Since limited yung budget how about an Asian made SUV more specifically the Ford Everest. Baba ng resale value so maybe you could get one of those...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I was about to say the Pajero Fieldmaster because it got your criteria covered. Somehow your budget of 600 thousand for a 5 year vehicle place some constraints to it.

Anyhow, for an AUV---I suggest the Crosswind esp. the XUV variants. But it would trade the riding comfort for fuel economy compared to the Pajero. Not a bad proposition if I may say so. Its just that the Mitsubishi is a superior vehicle.

If your family is small and you don't like diesel---the Escape is an alternative. Compare to the Crosswind, it has a very good driving mechanics. But then you would trade fuel efficiency for this.

Another is the gas-fed Tucson, I have seen in the classified one selling for a little less than 600 thousand.

BTW, for CUVs I do not know what is fuel efficient for you--8 km/L in the city, perhaps? Because you do not expect an SUV to be one--its big and heavy than a regular sedan.

-------
    Personally, I will pick the Crosswind if ability to haul people, reliability, fuel efficiency, and less of a beast to maintain is your game. Good luck!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    You can actually get a brandnew Toyota Avanza for this budget. Perfect for any family and can accomodate up to 7 passengers. Iba na rin tlga kc brandnew, much lesser maintenance plus may warranty pa.

Here's the current price of the Avanza with its corresponding variants:

Avanza 1.3 J 5-Speed M/T (5 seater) Php582,000.00
    Avanza 1.3 J 5-Speed M/T (7 seater) Php600,000.00
    Avanza 1.5 G 4-Speed A/T Php823,000.00
    Avanza 1.5 G 5-Speed M/T Php786,000.00

But if you choose looks over practicality you may want to look into 2nd hand SUV's/AUV's. I've seen some 2nd hand toyota Innova's for the price you're looking for. Or better yet, save more for a few months and get a Brandnew Innova. For me much much better tlga brandnew.

Hope this helps somehow. ;)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    okey din yung avanza na brand new ...kaso medyo masikip nga lang ... kung 5 yrs old baka crosswind ang next option ... FM na pajero baka may makuha ka pero dapat ung sariwa .... older pajero gen2 pasok budget kaso older nga lang ....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    try sitting at the Avanza's 3rd row and you'll be surprised mas maluwag pa sya kesa 3rd row nang Innova..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you really want not more than 5y.o. SUVs, pasok na pasok budget sa '05 4x2 CRVs or Rav4s.

AUVs naman, pasok na pasok ang '05-06's Innovas whether diesel or gas, or as others have mentioned, '07-09 Avanzas.

Good luck in your SUV/AUV pick.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    parang mas gusto ko porma ng Crosswind a. Ano differences ng XUV, XT, XTO, XUVi etc? Innova and avanza sound like good alternatives too, pero di ba makonsumo sa gas ang innova?

Thanks for all your replies bros. i appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best AUV, SUV for family driving