New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yung sedona ko over 1 year old pa lang, mga 13K ang mileage. It passed the smoke emission test 4 months ago, but I noticed even at idling, mas may usok lumalabas compared sa isuzu rides ko. Also, when you step on the gas, may maitim na usok na lumalabas. Even if people say this is normal in a diesel, I don't notice that same black smoke in other diesels. Yung isang sedona ng classmate ng anak ko, they got theirs a few months ahead of me. Mausok din, especially when I was following that unit at the school parking lot, so mabagal ang takbo niya.
    I follow the required 5K change oil maintenance, even had the gunk at the manifold removed at around 11K mileage. Yung cousin ko who got a carnival commented that this engine daw mausok. Is there anything we can do? Or should I stop looking at the rear view mirror kapag humataw ako?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I got a 98 carnival park. Direct injection.
    na solve usok when i had the turbo system cleaned + injection pump re-calibrated.
    What's the "gunk" in the mnifold?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Tet,

The gunk in the manifold is formed when the egr and the vaporized oil mix. It is the black sticky substance that will eventually clog your system.

I am interested in the turbo system cleaning you mentioned. What did they cleaned in your turbo. I suspect the oil seal in my turbo is leaking into the intercooler. Please elaborate more on the turbo cleaning.

rodski

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ung sa kin po barely noticeable lang,& only when i really step on the accelerator....carbon clean & biodiesel lang po katapat nyan =D

sedona na mausok