New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yesterday, I had our driver drive my AT cuv and I noticed he hardly put it on neutral during traffic and that he ALWAYS presses the shift button when moving it from D to N.Tinanong ko siya bakit and he said yun daw iba naming AT's pag tumatagal, pumapasok na sa R o P from D even without pressing the shift button. He surmises this is because of shifting from D to N without pressing the shift button.Ano ba talaga cause nung pumapasok sa P o R from D kahit di pine-press yung shift button? How could this be prevented?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Labo yata nun a. If, for example, you're in D and you want to shift to N, you'd be more in danger of going past N and into R or P if the shift button was pressed.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Labo yata nun a. If, for example, you're in D and you want to shift to N, you'd be more in danger of going past N and into R or P if the shift button was pressed.
    Its better not to put it in N neutral rather put it in P parking. Kung hindi naman sobrang traffic hindi ko na ginagalaw ang shift laging D drive apak nalang ng brake. Ang delikado dyan pag nilagay mo sa N tapos magkamali ang driver nailagay sa R reverse sigaradong bunggo ka aatras ang car mo.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    he said yun daw iba naming AT's pag tumatagal, pumapasok na sa R o P from D even without pressing the shift button.
    no offense, but you driver is talking non-sense.

hindi yung mangyayari unless na mis-aligned yung shift cable. hindi basta-basta masisira yung shift lock...

mis-aligned is not caused by not pressing the button, it only happens when the shift cable is damaged or moved...

still same procedure... you do not need to press if you go from D to N...
    Last edited by rion; July 1st, 2007 at 02:05 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nap123 View Post
    Its better not to put it in N neutral rather put it in P parking.
    bad advice. put the tranny in P only when you are parked in a proper parking place, never when you are waiting for a green light in traffic. first, if you put it in P e di dadaan ka sa R (P-R-N-D) para ilagay sa D. dyan madalas magkamali pag naka-stop ka sa traffic light and then green light na, baka malagay mo sa R at maatrasan mo yung nasa likod. second, and more serious, if you have it in P and your car gets bumped from behind, warak ang tranny mo. remember that the Parking brake is a set of stationary gear teeth that mesh into the gear on the drive shaft to prevent the shaft from turning. pag naka-mesh yan at may bumangga sa car mo e guess what will happen to that shaft. if the traffic stop is long i suggest better put in in N and then set the hand brake.

i do not even put it in P when i am parked on an incline. pwede (meaning not always but possible) maipit ang parking brake pag nasa incline ang vehicle. the stationary gear will get stuck due to the weight of the car on the incline. while parked, ilalagay sa P while on an inclined road, shut off the engine, then pag start ulit ng engine di na ma-i-shift kasi naipit na yung Parking brake. what i do is just point the front wheels to the gutter and use the hand brake.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Ang ginagawa ko pag mag-papark incline man o hindi, lagay ko sa N habang naka-apak sa brake, apply the handbrake then angat mo yong paa sa brake to make sure na di mag-roll forward or backward. Pag secure na yung car, lagay ko naman yong lever sa P. At least yong handbrake ang pumapasan ng weight ng sasakyan at di yong tranny.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouie View Post
    Ang ginagawa ko pag mag-papark incline man o hindi, lagay ko sa N habang naka-apak sa brake, apply the handbrake then angat mo yong paa sa brake to make sure na di mag-roll forward or backward. Pag secure na yung car, lagay ko naman yong lever sa P. At least yong handbrake ang pumapasan ng weight ng sasakyan at di yong tranny.
    ganito din ginagawa ko. napansin ko kasi dati na mahirap alisin sa park kung di muna hahayaan na kusang mag roll ang kotse.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    first, if you put it in P e di dadaan ka sa R (P-R-N-D) para ilagay sa D.
    I've seen people do this even in stop-and-go traffic. If you're behind one of them, they're easy to spot because their back-up lights would flicker momentarily.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I've seen people do this even in stop-and-go traffic. If you're behind one of them, they're easy to spot because their back-up lights would flicker momentarily.
    indeed

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouie View Post
    gawa ko din ito pag di masyado matarik ang incline. pero minsan kasi nasa parking ako ng mercury drug sa proj 8 (tarik dun, more than 30 degrees siguro) di ko nabatak ng husto yung hand brake kaya hirap alisin sa P later. di naman ipit pero need effort din, so since then ingat na ko sa incline.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AT maintenance?