New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    example: Delkor
    or mas okay parin yung low-maintainance?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    M-F Batteries should not and never be recharged except for your alternator. It doesn't have the right exhaust holes for the fumes and heat. Some opt to open the sealed covers which voids its Maintenance-Free, and end up with ordinary batteries after.

On the other hand, you wont have to open six holes just to check its water level. An indicator tells when it needs to be changed. This is better for those drivers who just sit and drive; and don't-know-how-to-open-their-engine-hood people.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Id take maintenance free any day over their regular counterparts. Just make sure that you get the high-capacity ones. Im using the red motolite right now, forgot what its called, OK naman! I cant see why anyone would get the old skool batts.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I believe those red ones are named Super Power M-F. Almost all batteries sold nowadays are M-F ones (the old classic refillable ones are still available). I think only the Outlast brand doesn't come up with an M-F yet.

BTW, those red ones are replaced by Motolite Gold. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah ok :D When i got them, they had the highest Capacity ratings. I also noticed, less yung sulfation sa mga terminals compared to the old type batts.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And at the strange angles we operate our vehicles in, mas maganda ang MF kasi walang leak. Yung sa Besta ko dati nag-leak kinalawang ang fenderwell. Same case with vinj's Frontier.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MF ako, bukod sa performance ng battery it doesnt f*ck up the paint under the hood.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about yun MF na motolite na tropicalized, anyone own or tried this one?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, maintenance free batteries are definitely better. They are sealed better than low maintenance batteries resulting in less water loss and less corrosive precipitate formation. You can just drive and forget about them until of course they die down and needs replacement.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I've tried an AC Delco MF battery which lasted for 3 years. Brought it to battery doctors to see if they could revive it and they did- still works as a spare battery. I have to keep it charged using a "battery tender", low amp, trickle charger.
    But AC Delcos are expensive so i still use low maintenance types like GS or FB batt which last about 2 yrs.
    IMO, if the vehicle is used in rough roads or has hard/tough suspension then a battery will deteriorate faster due to plate damage regardless of type- MF or Low maint.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
are Maintainance-Free Batteries really better?