New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    gud pm fellow tsikoteers.hingi po sana ako ng konting payo kung ano ang mas okey na sasakyan.may kaibigan po kasi akong gustong bumili ng pick-up or medyo malalaking sasakyan.alin po ba ang okey bilhin between 1995-98 models of the following:

mitsu L200 pick up or strada
    mazda b2500
    nissan pick up
    isuzu fuego

or

nissan terrano
    hilux surf

ano po ba ang pros and cons? thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The L200 is pretty bare but just like the Strada, it had the best ride in its class (4x2 pick up) but one of the weakest engines. The interior was pretty bare. Seatbelts weren't even standard on some models.

The Strada is more loaded (power features, turbo engine, etc.) while still retaining the best ride. Pretty stylish in a 90's sort of way also.

Mazda B2500. The Ford Ranger's quiet cousin. 4x4 models were directly imported from Japan as LHD CBU units.

Nissan Pick ups. Known to be reliable and the features list is pretty good. But has the harshest ride by far in any compact pick up.

Isuzu Fuego. Bulletproof engine. A bit rough around the edges and not as refined as some of the big name competition (early models did not even come with a/c controls, parang pang owner type jeep yung kinakabit ng ibang dealers) but it gets the job done.

If the Terrano and Surf are auction, I would not recommend them to your friend if he is a newbie to vehicles.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    thanks for the info sir.yes sir newbie nga siya sa vehicles,first vehicle nya 'to kung sakali.would you recommend 4x4 or 4x2 lang.though hindi naman for hard core off-roading medyo uneven road lang like the usual na kalye sa pinas.hehehe. so if he decides to get a strada,nakakapanghinayang ba?or is he better off with the others?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If he's not going to use it for trailing or rough roads, he's better of with the 4x2. But being a 4x4 lover, I'd suggest he goes with the 4x4. Coz' iba ang confidence mo sa flood and urban offroading pag naka 4x4 ka. ;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    na drive ko na 4x2 isuzu fuego, 4x2 nissan eagle pickup and hilux surf 4x4 1995 model (yata, basta yung malaki gulong at mataas ground clearance). isuzu and nissan almost the same torque and power wise... mas tahimik ng konti nissan, but mas matipid fuego. yung hilux surf... parang mabigat katawan.. bagal umarangkada and masikip yung upuan sa likod.

kung newbie... and hindi naman heavy offroading talga, i'd suggest the fuego or nissan. simple maintenance, oil and filter changes lang. can't speak for strada or mazda though. hth

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung kaya naman ang 4x2, why not. Konti lang naman ang additional maintenance items.

Ok naman ang Strada. Si kimpOy naka-Strada and he uses it off-road. Na-TV pa siya sa Pampanga dahil sa mga pinag-gagagawa niya sa Strada niya.

Kahit alin naman sa nasa listahan manghihinayang ako kung aabusuhin lang.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    salamat sa mga advise nyo mga sir. would you recommend gas over diesel engines pagdating sa pick-ups and suv's?di ba mas mahirap or magastos maintain ng diesel engines?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not really. True mas mausok ang mga diesel, but Isuzu and Mitsubishi blocks are pretty strong. Isuzu blocks require very little in terms of maintenance, to boot, considering there's no timing chain or belt to change, but Mitsubishi trucks ride better.

Besides, most of the rides mentioned are diesel, anyway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Never had a gasoline daily driver kaya hindi ko alam ang sagot. It's always been diesel for me. Wala namang sakit ng ulo sa maintenance. Less parts than gas engine. Walang spark plugs, high tension wires, etc.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    nissan ultra eagle owner here kaya o go 4 nissan
    almost ten years na but still in service pa din very reliable and dependable

which ride would be better?