1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ba sabi nila invert the 1 or 2 leaf spring
    magiging soft yung ride, at the back
    kaso sabi din you cannot load as much as before

how much is is as much?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    opo mas lubog sya pag ininvert mo. lalo na pag merong load. pero mas gaganda ride mo sa highway ndi na mahagis.

kung ndi ka naman nagsasakay ng mabigat eh ok na ok mag invert.

swabeeeeeee!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kim,

I think it is roughly around 1/3rd less ang capacity na mawawala (bagsak ang likod kung iload mo ng sobra).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maski nagpalit ako ng longer shackles? bagsak pa rin ba?
    i normally load 240 kilos sa bed

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe...leaf springs pala. akala ko "lift" :roll: yon kasi yon nasa text. :lol: may tendency pong maputol yan pag sobra ang load w/c i think is way below the max load of your vehicle. give it a thought first.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung mga 1/4th ton lang...kayang kaya iyan....I have loaded a typical pick up (pero nissan) ng as much as 750kg...no problem (pero medyo nakatingala)....Ang cargo ko ay mga feed raw material (na parang buhangin) from FTI to Pampanga.

So I would estimate na hangang 500kg hindi ka magkakaproblem on those pagbinaligtad mo ang leafspring.

Although 'wag mo na lang ipang rat-ratan sa lubak pagme karga ka at baka maputol nga.

my 2 cents.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    di ba sabi nila invert the 1 or 2 leaf spring
    magiging soft yung ride, at the back
    kaso sabi din you cannot load as much as before

how much is is as much?
    usually kasi pag soft ang ride di pwedeng heavy load.
    mag-trailer ka nalang kaya?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    there are two ways to make leaf sprung vehicles ride better.

first you invert one leaf, or you completely take it out. as long as you dont get or invert the overload spring, the thickest one usually found in the bottom part it will not really affect the loading capacity of your pick-up. most japanese pickups are made to carry one ton, do you carry that much load all the time. if not then it is safe to invert or take it out.

second is to put a small spacer between the overload spring so that it does not come into contact with the others. it will only come into contact when you are loaded. this way your loading capacity will not be affected but the draw back is noise in the springs, banging noise because of the space between the springs.

i have a pick up and took one spring out and inverted the overload spring and still can carry loads as much as 600kgs without any problems, but the ride compared to others is far better than the stock pickup, its more like the gen 1 pajero, and if i put a 50 kgs ballast it rides and handles even better.

perhaps you can try both setups and decide which is best for you.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks i give it a go!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with ARB i did the same gagana pa rin naman yung overload leaf kaya lang nga medyo naka angat yung harap mo. kasi lubog na lubog na yung likod.

DIY lang ginawa ko noon at isang linggo sumakit braso ko :mrgreen:

good luck! balitaan mo na lang kami.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Question on LEAF SPRING