New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    bros,
    i'm back again-hope you guys bear w/ me...
    need help w/ my nissan 4X4 Pick-up Truck w/c runs on geolander 31x10.5r15 tires & used around the metro only...

I want to Add (a little) More Lift to the Front Supsension to eliminate the tire rubbing everytime i do tight turns & also, to make the front levelled w/ the rear suspension as well....
    What else can be done & Where's the cheapest place to have it done?

Background:
    had the torsion bar cranked to the max already by my friendly talyer but it seems they ran out of ideas on lifting....& ever since then i notice a change on the Front Camber settings to Negative (very slightly) just by visual inspection...

Do i have to have it adjusted to Positive camber? even if i use it in the metro only?

Pls. Note i operate on a Tight Budget...Many thanks & Merry x-mas to all!!!
    Last edited by gunnym4; December 26th, 2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: grammar

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    If your wind up your torsion bar too much, the ride would become very stiff and there is a large risk of damaging your suspension. Your camber, as you have already noticed, would be affected and this would result to an uneven tire wear.

Since your pick up has an IFS, the best way to increase the lift would be to install a ball joint spacer. A 1/4" thick spacer would result to a1" lift. If you want a 2" lift, install a 1/2 inch spacer.

199 Offroad House can do this for you at a very reasonable price.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    fwc,
    thanx for the quick reply..may i ask what an IFS is? sir correct me if i'm wrong: so the best way to lift my ride is to just use the 1/2 spacer & just re-crank the torsion bar to normal setting-will that also solve the camber?

ever since i had the torsion bar cranked the ride turned from a bumby ride to a harsher one...if i replaced the shocks to longer length & softer setting will that solve the harsh ride? will it also lift my truck?

Pls. Note i operate on a Tight Budget

pls apologize my many questions...again thanx in advance & a Happy New Year to all!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Do it right and take the time to invest more than you would right now, rather than do it twice because the first attempt was not successful.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Had my Frontier 4x2 lifted low budget style to fit my 30" tires, cranked torsion and shackles, about 2". After 3 months uneven tire wear, damaged balljionts and front suspension bushing, cost me around 9k. Well as always said " SA HULI ANG PAG SISI". If you really want to lift it to accommodate your tires, I suggest you body lift it, buy 2", cost there in Luzon around 10k at least, rather than spending on repairs and replacing your 31" tires if it is un even wear out.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    IFS is Independent Front Suspension. Fitting the ball joint spacer is a lot safer because you maintain the camber of the wheels, thus no uneven tread wear. And since your torsion bar is still at its normal position, there is no additional harshness to the ride.

Go to any offroad outfitter like 199 Offroad House in Tondo. They would be able to help you a lot.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    thanks a lot guys for ur suggestions & concerns..don't worry i will be visiting 199 off road hse one of these days

btw, i live in qc & i use to see a 4x4 shop named RATS-are they ok? do they give good service at a reasonable price? i just notice there is no mention about them although there location is in the center on the metro w/c is QC...any comments?

...Happy New Year to all!!!
    Last edited by gunnym4; January 2nd, 2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: grammar

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnym4 View Post
    thanks a lot guys for ur suggestions & concerns..don't worry i will be visiting 199 off road hse one of these days

btw, i live in qc & i use to see a 4x4 shop named RATS-are they ok? do they give good service at a reasonable price? i just notice there is no mention about them although there location is in the center on the metro w/c is QC...any comments?

...Happy New Year to all!!!
    RATS is a offroad outfitter using branded products. They sell Old Man Emu aftermarket suspension parts, ARB offroad accessories (snorkers, winch bumpers, rails, tow straps and other recovery accessories, etc.), etc. Very expensive.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    FWC,
    thanks for the heads up..i guess 199 off road house is the only way to go then...i'll visit them one of these days..cheers!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    If your wind up your torsion bar too much, the ride would become very stiff and there is a large risk of damaging your suspension. Your camber, as you have already noticed, would be affected and this would result to an uneven tire wear.

Since your pick up has an IFS, the best way to increase the lift would be to install a ball joint spacer. A 1/4" thick spacer would result to a1" lift. If you want a 2" lift, install a 1/2 inch spacer.

199 Offroad House can do this for you at a very reasonable price.

where could i buy the ball joint spacer in manila?
    i will be at manila next week. thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help on lifting my truck-the cheap way!