New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Mga tsikoteer, ano ba maganda brand ng tyres because I will change the whole set on my Adventure. The size of my tyre is 215/70 R15. Siguro 80% on the road and 20% occasional off-road driving...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In my personal experience, Dunlop LeMans RV501 is good. Many would also recommend the Michelin Vanpix. Do have a look at them and at their prices.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    San ba pwede magtingin/bumili ng Dunlop RV-501 Tyres at Michelin Vanpix Tyres? Madalas ko makita is Goodyear servitek.

Ano ba mas maganda yung Dunlop EC201 or Dunlop RV-501? Why?

Ano ba mas maganda yung Michelin LTX A/T or Michelin Vanpix? Why?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cdman View Post
    San ba pwede magtingin/bumili ng Dunlop RV-501 Tyres at Michelin Vanpix Tyres? Madalas ko makita is Goodyear servitek.
    You can try inquiring at Freddie's Tire Supply. Search the 'Starex' thread for other sources c/o other posters.

Ano ba mas maganda yung Dunlop EC201 or Dunlop RV-501? Why?
    Personally, I haven't tried the EC201 yet. But as per a friend who's using it right now on his Revo, maganda ang kapit. At hindi problema ang magkarga ng bigas. We've used 5 sets of the RV501 already - on 3 Starexes and 1 Carnival - and they're good in terms of ride, grip and durability.

Ano ba mas maganda yung Michelin LTX A/T or Michelin Vanpix? Why?
    I think Otep has answered this question in the 'Starex' thread. To sum it up, the Vanpix is an on-road tire for light trucks and vans. It will get you thru your usual short un-paved roads, but it's better for on-road applications. The LTX is an All-Terrain tire. If your route consists mainly of unpaved roads, this would be better. But if they're just a portion of your trip, the LTX will provide less on-road grip and more noise.

If the application is a passenger van, I'd go with the RV501, based on experience, or the Vanpix, based on the recommendations of other Tsikoteers.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sir IMm29, gano mo katagal nagagamit yung isang set ng RV-501? Matagl ma-upod at di madali mabutas? Ilang ply ba yan?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cdman View Post
    sir IMm29, gano mo katagal nagagamit yung isang set ng RV-501? Matagl ma-upod at di madali mabutas? Ilang ply ba yan?
    Dude,
    YGPM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir Got it! Replied to your PM

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sir got it! replied to your pm...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Folks,

Any news if RV501 is still available in the market. Where and how much?

Tnx,
    Rod

215/70 R15 Tyre HELP...