New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi. I just bought a turbo stormy (a gadget placed at the rubber hose where the air flows) from a mechanic and he told me that my Isuzu crosswind will improve in fuel economy and speed. Havent tested it so far on a highway. Is my mechanic saying the truth? Thanks...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's as effective as Car Vortex, KHAOS, X1-R, HOB, etc. if you get my drift.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Had one installed on my van 3 or 4 yrs. ago. Threw it away 2 yrs. ago.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Rubish! Waste of money! Sorry to burst your bubble but it is. Someone my dad knew gave us 2 of those. We just left them on our tool shelf in the garage to collect dust.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    asking if it is effective after you had already paid for it is like asking if you will fall after you had already jumped. next time before you buy any "fuel saving device" i suggest you do some research first, like posting it here in tsikot. we will be very glad to help you with your queries.

anyway, to answer your question... NO, those things don't work at all. you wasted your money.

welcome to tsikot. sana you found this site earlier!
    Last edited by yebo; October 28th, 2006 at 11:00 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Another one of those "miracle" devices. The things people do just to make a buck! Well, sorry you bought it na. Hey! Why don't you try reselling it hehehe.

nga pala, welcome!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WAG KANG MANIWALA SA KANILA, EFFECTIVE YAN...

...sumira ng engine. :D Pag hinigop ng intake mo yan turbo na yan small metal particles could enter your combustion chamber pass the intake valves.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Welcome pala ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo32 View Post
    Hi. I just bought a turbo stormy (a gadget placed at the rubber hose where the air flows) from a mechanic and he told me that my Isuzu crosswind will improve in fuel economy and speed. Havent tested it so far on a highway. Is my mechanic saying the truth? Thanks...
    I suggest you get a refund on your purchase, if you can.

BTW, that gadget can actually lower your engine's peak output simply by blocking the flow of air in your intake.

How effective is a turbo stormy?