New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Im a very big fan of this forum its very informative and interesting.In maybe 6 months i will start my ojt on board ship and my ultimate plan is to save up all my allowance and convert my assembled wrangler to a 4x4 and have it air conditioned.i would like some pointers on how should i convert it and make it trail worthy for light off roading and still be able to use it on the highway. I would like some pointers on reliable engines and how to toughen my suspension..I know 6 months is still far away but i want to make sure i will make a tough and reliable jeep.I dont want to sell my jeep its my first vehicle a gift to me from my parents so it has sentimental value. i would greatly appreciate you suggestions and pointers.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello bro. Share ko sa yo mga ginawa ko sa minicruiser ko at sana makatulong kahit konti. Dati bulok ang kaha ng jeep ko (kasi 1987 pa sya na-assemble) kaya yun ang inuna ko agad na ipinaayos. Body repairing at painting costs me 35K Php nung 2003. Ipinagawa ko sya sa Transtar sa may Evangelista (ewan ko kung nandun pa ito). Isinunod ko ipinaoverhaul ang buong A/C System ko. Change dryer, brackets for my condenser, pipes and change compressor. Inabot ako all in all ng 15K kasama na rin dito ang labor. Nalimutan ko na yung name ng A/C repair shop. Yung suspension ko I'm using KYB gas shocks and PINOY 2 Leaf Springs. Di ko na alam kung magkano ang mga ito ngayon pero dati inabot ako ng 10K for 4 pieces of KYB Shocks at 8K for 4 pieces of leaf springs kasama na mounts at shackles. For the leaf springs pala depende kung ilang leaf yung ipapalagay mo whch will be dependent sa load at weight ng jeep. For the engine I stayed with the RF Diesel Engine kasi sayang naman maayos pa sya. Nagpalit lang ako ng belts. Di pa ako nagpapaconvert ng 4wd kasi light off-roading naman lang din ako tuwing aakyat ng bundok. RWD is fine coupled with A/T Tires (Bridgestone tires costs 3500K each) for me. Hope this gives you an idea on what to do at kung magkano gagastusin mo. Good day!!!
    Last edited by jim; October 31st, 2005 at 09:56 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    kinda lot of work in conversion to 4wd, first, check ur engine if capable if not u have to change, then u'll need 4wd transmission, if ur presently using leaf spring suspension,well, got the advantage, its cheaper and easy than independent front wishbone suspension to convert. goodluck on ur project.

i love wrangler pls post pics!!!

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sir backbone do you have comments about the mitsubishi 4DR5 4DR6T 4DR7 found on Mitsubishi Jeeps from Japan?My engine is only a Toyota 1L I think i have to change engine to cope with 4WD and air conditioning.Ok ill try to post some pics.Sir backbone are you also into Wranglers?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    yellowjip just call me backbone it's fine, don't call me sir backbone coz i'm not a teacher just kidding...

4dr5 is too big for a wrangler unless u'll get serious with 4wheelin', it's expensive, not a smooth drive, too much torque/power, i remember we have CJ5 renegade body with 4dr5 and 1st gear is no use u have to start running with 2nd gear and it's jerky in the highway, try smaller engine.

our present wrangler is YJ7 2wd, fiberglass hood with toyota silent L engine, underchassis from toyota lite/hi ace, assembled sa taytay,rizal, forget the builder name, one of the under licensed jeep maker,,nasa probinsya, try to post pic soon.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Backbone,my wrangler also has a Toyota L engine But i Find it kind of underpowered my wrangler is the long version not the short type.The toyota turbo diesels are kind of expensive these days.You Know what i was given a choice by my parents i picked the wrangler over a car kind of weird aint it?

2WD assembled wrangler to 4WD