New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hi...

do you know of shops which has OBD scanners besides casa? i need to have my electric power steering torque sensor calibrated. thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    What car do you drive? Generic OBD scanners can only read stored DTCs. You'll need the diagnostic system that is specific to the make of your car. (HDS for Hondas)
    Last edited by oj88; January 5th, 2010 at 10:29 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    What car do you drive? Generic OBD scanners can only read stored DTCs. You'll need the diagnostic system that is specific to the make of your car. (HDS for Hondas)
    its a vios 2008... so i really need to have it corrected/calibrated sa casa?!? ayaw kasi nila isingit yung auto kahit scanning lang ang pagagawa ko. i think i have to make friends with the service manager and bigyan siya ng maagang pamasko.

thanks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Have you tried the other Toyota dealers? Try also calling up speedlab and/or speedyfix. They may have the equipment to do that.

Just don't settle for any "manual" calibration that circumvents the prescribed method.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    check mo na lang yun private message ko sa yu baka makatulong..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by junerski View Post
    hi...

do you know of shops which has OBD scanners besides casa? i need to have my electric power steering torque sensor calibrated. thanks
    SPEEDLAB has ODB scanner

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Just to re-clarify. Strictly speaking, OBD scanners just shows you the DTC (if the CEL or MIL is lit), and may even allow you to clear it.

A true diagnostic system allows you to do a myriad of things to the car like program the keyless entry, calibrate EPS systems, idle-learn, etc. The DTC scanner feature is usually already an integrated function.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    sir ang odb generic scanner ay ginagamit lang sa check engine light.yun giangamit sa abs,srs,eps,vsc..ay kasama na yan sa program ng original na scanner..sample po yun ginagamit ng toyota ay intellegent tester pwede niya macheck yun sa engine light,abs,eps,vsc,imobilizer.
    ang pwd na lang gawin ay dalhin mo sa toyota dealer para sa toque calibration using intellegent tester or using check connector mabilis lang yun procedure na yun..20 mins lang tapos na yun..tnx

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    if there's no eps dtc; you can calibrate it manually. likewise you can also check the dtc manually. BTW why do you need to recalibrate it?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    if there's no eps dtc; you can calibrate it manually. likewise you can also check the dtc manually. BTW why do you need to recalibrate it?
    It would help the TS if you can provide the the torque sensor calibration procedures without the use of a diagnostic system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
OBD scanner