New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

One of our company cars is an Innova and it used to be OK, but I drove it a few weeks back and it was sluggish and had a hard time accelerating. There are also times that it can no longer go up a steep incline.

When we complained at Toyota about this the answer we got was "ganyan talaga yan! Pati nga bagong unit ganyan ang takbo" I asked to test drive a new unit and was told that it was out and wouldn't be coming back any time soon. To think that the trouble started when we got it back from routine maintenance some months ago.

I'm thinking that we just need to reset the computer somehow. Is there a procedure we can do to accomplish this? After the response I got from the stealership, I don't think they will work to solve the problem.

Any suggestions and assistance welcome

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Is your innova D4D? if it is, then it may be the start of something big. :D

Like big gastos for fuel system replacements etc. Try reading thru the D4D woes thread under the toyota section..

Bs answer like "ganyan talaga yan" should be answered with a crisp P-I-mo. :D No customer should go through people like that.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Is your innova D4D? if it is, then it may be the start of something big. :D

Like big gastos for fuel system replacements etc. Try reading thru the D4D woes thread under the toyota section..

Bs answer like "ganyan talaga yan" should be answered with a crisp P-I-mo. :D No customer should go through people like that.
    Im starting to get scared of getting a second hand innova. What are the tell tale signs of D4D issues?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sudden stalling and low performance.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Well, thank the Maker that it's not stalling... YET!

But the lack of power sucks!

Any recommendations on a shop who can help us out?

What if I take it to Toyota in Makati near the fire station? I hear that it's run by TMP.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger View Post
    Well, thank the Maker that it's not stalling... YET!

But the lack of power sucks!

Any recommendations on a shop who can help us out?

What if I take it to Toyota in Makati near the fire station? I hear that it's run by TMP.
    Well... Definitely there is something wrong with the unit. It would be difficult to know what the exact problem is without first hand experience. The simplest way to find out is plug a DST 2 analyzer and let the machine do the talking. All Toyota branch has one so does Denso. If it doesn't show up on the analyzer, then the problem would be mechanical. If you have more questions, you can text me at 0932-3287778

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    You may want to have the brakes checked. It's a long shot but perhaps the brakes pads (or shoes) are dragging the vehicle. Have the hand brake system checked too.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Bro,

At what gear is it underpowered. My bro in laws innova G is stuggling on the 3rd gear. I thought my crosswind was a slow crawler, but the innova seemed more underpowered.

Do keep us updated on your unit. I was canvassing for innovas last week and one of the sellers admitted that his unit seemed underpowered lately.

Slow Innova