New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mga bossing, i need ur suggestions on how to increase my car's performance. it's a 96 civic, stock vti (ph16). wala kasi sa plano ko na magpalit ng engine kaya sinusubukan kong palakasin na lang ung stock.

eto ung mga nagawa ko na: palit headers na 4-1 (galing fremuff) tsaka catback exhaust, palit high tension wire (5star) and spark plugs (Bosch Super4), cold-air intake (Simota filter).

sa tingin nyo po, ano kaya magandang sunod na gawin para bumilis pa kahit papano? i'd like to hear it from u guys. malaking tulong to para sakin..
    tsaka pa-indicate na rin kung magkano kaya gagastusin para dun..

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Change the Simota to a HKS or a K&N filter. That's good for about 2 hp more. Simotas don't have very good flow or filtering.

5 Star High Tensions won't do anything. Keep your stock wires in reserve, because chinese wires have a tendency to crack over time, due to the heat.

You can try a grounding kit. Without dyno tuning, it might not net you much power (even with tuning, it's just 2-3 hp), but it'll improve electrical system performance, at least.

I'm not sure how well the D16 responds to Bosch Super 4's... but spark plugs, in general, don't give you much power. Stick with stock tips... in platinum or iridium, if you can find them. You can also advance the timing a bit, but you'll need to run Blaze or V-Power if you do.

What size pipe do you have?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Change the Simota to a HKS or a K&N filter. That's good for about 2 hp more. Simotas don't have very good flow or filtering.

5 Star High Tensions won't do anything. Keep your stock wires in reserve, because chinese wires have a tendency to crack over time, due to the heat.

You can try a grounding kit. Without dyno tuning, it might not net you much power (even with tuning, it's just 2-3 hp), but it'll improve electrical system performance, at least.

I'm not sure how well the D16 responds to Bosch Super 4's... but spark plugs, in general, don't give you much power. Stick with stock tips... in platinum or iridium, if you can find them. You can also advance the timing a bit, but you'll need to run Blaze or V-Power if you do.

What size pipe do you have?
    im not sure what the piping size is. pero wala na ung cat converter and nagpalit na pipings from headers to muff. anymore suggestions sir? thanks

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For some strange reason i dont trust the Bosch Super 4's.. you'll be better off with NGK or Denso. 2 1/4 - 2.5 inch diameter pipe is the maximum size that you can use on your 1.6 D16

Port & Polish the head of the engine. Also you can change the throttle body to a much bigger & better flowing unit and maybe you can get the TBS (throttle body spacer) for added HP.

Engine Management or ECU Reflash is key to unleashing some HP.. a good piggyback ECU/Reflash would do the trick but it would cost you some $$$

Try if you can get a used Apexi SAFC II it's a nice mod

i don't recommend turbochargers for now...

Lower your vehicle. a lower center of gravity means better handling.. change the tires to a good sticky one some lightweight rims and of course a good brake pad/system. with all the power mods you're considering you might wanna stop in time right? :lol:

Change the OIL & Fluids

let us know how it goes

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    forced induction

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    agree... turbo is the way to go

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    agree... turbo is the way to go
    bossing pag magpapakabit ba ng turbo kit, as it is na yung engine or merong pang upgrades na kelangan? magkano kaya aabutin nun tsaka san pwedeng magpakabit na reliable talaga pagdating sa turbos?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'm surprised nobody up to now has asked you how much your budget is...
    pag nag-turbo ka kasi, malamang may papalitan sa engine internals (hi-comp pistons, connecting rods, etc.), depending on the max. level of boost.

Not to mention your stock brakes...pretty soon, baka you might find your tranny insufficient to handle the power your car will unleash
    Last edited by Galactus; March 26th, 2007 at 02:36 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Huwag ka magsisinghota este simota hangin filter.Mag K&N ka na lang or Iceman.
    Magkano budget mo?
    Like galactus said malamang papalitan mo mga internals mo.
    Palit ka na din ng clutch
    Lowered mo din na naka 15 inch mags na spoon 195/55 Advan AD07 tires.
    Ayaw mo mag B16 na lang?
    Punta ka din sa http://www.gearspeedmotorsports.com

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Puntahan mo si Morris sa Novaliches. Hindi ganun ka dali hanapin yung garahe niya, pero mga boys niya alam yung makina mo. I've been there nung nagpakabit dad ko ng Crower Stage 2 camshafts + double valve springs, etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Modifying A 96 Vti (stock Ph16)