New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I was thinking of getting one of those lug nuts that use a special lock or tire wrench adaptor to secure the spare tire of an SUV. You know.....the kind that is found at the back of the vehicle. I'm not interested in using this particular lug nut on the four tires that are presently being used.....just on the spare one. Dami ko kasing naririnig na balita na ninanakaw ang mga spare tire ng SUV, eh.

Problem is, when I looked around the auto accessory shops, all I saw where sets of four lug nuts with the special tire wrench insert. I assume that each of the four special lug nuts are for the tires currently being used, and not the spare one. Which does not really solve my problem, since I am in search of only one special lug nut. (Honda sells one such set with five lug nuts, presumably for all the tires, including the spare of the CR-V. But it costs an arm and a half. Furthermore, I will not be using the nuts on a CR-V.)

Would anyone know where I can buy just one of these lug nuts with an accompanying tire wrench adaptor? Is there such a product? Or must I buy a set of four lug nuts and just use one of them?

Hope somebody can help.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sir groucho, as far as i know these lug nuts (eg. bulldog) come in sets only. If you are just concerned with the spare tire, I would suggest using a cable w/lock (get the thin one, "master" yata yung brand). I have been using this on my suv for a couple of years now, and so far, no spare tire theft yet. Hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You have to buy them in sets. They are not that expensive, you can probably just not install the others.

Meron ding keyed lock (using a conventional key) that is available. Try mo sa SM Hardware. Basically, its a locking sleeve that covers one of the spare's lugs.

Ganun ang OEM ng Pajero.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Merong lug nut lock insert ginagawa ang Abloy brand, mostly used by Nissan Patrols. I forgot who posted it here in tsikot, he bought one for his spare tire. Shop was or is in Banawe.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i converted one of my lug nuts sa spare tire ng troll ko to a lock similar to that of the pajero's spare tire.

the brand is fujito and i only bought one and not a whole set

i got it at karplus in makati

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    bulldog lugnuts costs approximately P600-P800+ for a set of 4pcs. w/ adaptor

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Thanks for the replies and the input, guys. I will consider all of them.

jlo1, you've got a good idea there. I'll find out first if the cable lock will fit under the plastic cover which one places on the spare tire.

Otep, will look for that keyed lock that your're talking about. SM Ace, you say? What part of Ace do I go to to look for it? Is it together with the other car accessories?

111prez, saan ang karplus Makati? Magkano gastos mo for just one nut?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    may solex na ganyan. isa lang para sa spare daw ng suv. may susi din (adaptor). nakita ko sa ace hardware sm manila. around 500-600 pesos. mahal if you ask me kasi normally u can get a set of 4 at that price. pero if u really want only a piece of lock for the spare, yun na lang kunin mo.. hth

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    bulldog lugnuts costs approximately P600-P800+ for a set of 4pcs. w/ adaptor
    Can this be used in normal cars? Where can I buy? Thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    The Solex spare tire lock seems to be one of the better options. I intend to use it for the spare tire for a Jimny. So, what size nut do I get: 125 or 150?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lug Nut for Security