New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I know this has probably been asked before, but I'd like to know where old Benz lovers currently go for servicing. (Manila, Philippines only, Fil-Ams... )

My cousin has a 230E he'd like to restore, and I'm hesitant to recommend the shop the family normally goes to because the last two overhauls we had there weren't that successful (626 and 300D... to be fair, the 626 ran for a while after that, but the 300D is still in pieces).

We need a good shop to do the reconditioning at a reasonable price.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Niky, post here

http://com5.runboard.com/bmercedesbe...philippinesinc

MBCP yan you'll get good answers from owners. Hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i have a w126, hirap nga maghanap ng shop that does a good job on benz's. on maintenance i go DIY, kung medyo hirap na kalikutan, i just ask my friend na madaming alam sa benz.

sa marikina paghinahatid ko GF ko, meron isang shop dun puro benz ang ginagawa, may mga nakaparadang tapos na gawin siguro mukhang maganda ang gawa, and been seeing a few 123's running around na bagong restore din, di ko lang alam kung sila gumawa.

will look for the shop next na punta ko marikina.
    Last edited by impulzz; March 2nd, 2007 at 03:00 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'll check it out.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paiba iba din kami ng shop. Wala naman atang one stop shop para sa ganyan.

Nung nagparestore yung dad ko sa Sunshine, dinala din sa Alex afterwards for 'corrections' topos JAFFAS ang gumawa ng tint, alarm, sound system, etc., meron ding mga graphics na pinagawa sa speed signs.

Still, madami pa ding pending DIY works after. Natapos naman eventually.

Sunshine is a convenient shop kasi kapag may kulang na piyesa, namumulot lang sila sa mga nakakalat doon. Pero hindi sila gaano pulido and medyo tamad kaya dapat tutok ka. Nung binubuo pa yung W108 namin, regular yung pagdaan ng dad ko sa kanila to oversee the work tapos nag-iiwan siya ng reseta sa windshield kung ano ang mga kailangan magawa. Dad ko na din nag-research ng mga details kasi medyo bata na ang tao sa Sunshine at hindi na nila naabutan ang W108.

Salamat nga pala kay Dr. Bagsic ng MBCP for his help. May W108 din siya pero purist/museum-type ang restoration. Unlike sa dad ko na inayos niya para maging comfy na daily driver (a/c, sounds, alarm, etc.).

For mechanical works na hindi naman lalampas ng isang buong araw, ok na sa MCR Banawe.

sa marikina paghinahatid ko GF ko, meron isang shop dun puro benz ang ginagawa, may mga nakaparadang tapos na gawin siguro mukhang maganda ang gawa, and been seeing a few 123's running around na bagong restore din, di ko lang alam kung sila gumawa.
    Baka po Paintronix yung nakita niyo. Sila nag-restore ng W123 namin and nanalo din sila sa show sa Megamall. Ok din naman sila gumawa pero as always, dapat tutok ka. The first time na ginawa ng Leder Interia yung interior namin, sablay. Hindi nila makuha yung mga 'hotdog' sa upuan ng diretso. Kinalaunan, no-name shop na lang sa tabi ng Paintronix ang gumawa. Nakuha naman ng tama. Paint and body ang specialty ng Paintronix. Kapag may kulang na part, ikaw ang dapat maghanap or mag-suggest ng remedyo. May mga backjob sila sa amin pero madali kausap ang may ari ng Paintronix (si Allan). Kaya nung nagasgas yung MB100, sila na din ang gumawa. Acceptable naman ang result and at the fraction of the cost of Alex Car Restoration. Mabilis din ang gawaan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So, Alex does good work, but it's an arm and a leg?

I'll consult further with my cousin and look over the car, to see what needs doing.

That's the big problem... being Laguna based, we can't go to the car every day to check on progress (I used to go once every three when restoring my other cars... madugo!).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alex does good paint and body work. But he will not buy parts. They can also miss details when it comes to vintage cars if they have no reference to work from. A W124 is still probably modern enough for them.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Try Stan-Benz in Brgy. Tejeros Makati.

We used to service our Benz in Constellation. The car would run fine everytime it came out from this shop..... only for a few kilometers. We spent more than 100k for parts and services for a 1986 260E. The last time we were told by the mechanics there was that the electricals needed rewiring, estimated to be at 70k. We decided to switch to a different repair shop.

The mechanics from Stan-Benz pointed out that most of the parts "replaced" from the previous shop were still the old, broken ones. That must have explained the frequent breakdowns we've been having with the car. Plus, the car didn't need rewiring after all, they just found a short in one of the wires. We got to restore back our benz to its original condition and sold it 3 years later without problems.

By the way, they also do bimmers. What we do is buy parts from Libis and let the mechanics at Stan-Benz do the work.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'll suggest both shops and check them out... thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mr. bagsic who owns benzes? hmmm..kilala ko ata anak niya.

nirecommend dati nung anak na yun yung sa may pagasa near mindanao avenue.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Suggestions on a Trustworthy Shop, MB 230E W124