New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    guys and gals what do you think? ano basically ginagawa ng air intake? dami ko kasi nakikita na may ganun eh. advantages and disadvantages?

how much would it cost me if i want one to be installed?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Di ba lahat ng kotse may air intake? maybe ur referring to a simota or K&N air filter, performance filter yata tawag sa mga ganyan. mas maganda yata magiging oerformance ng engine mo kapag ganyan ang intake mo tsaka dagdag porma rin :D

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ayun pala yun, that's what i'm referring to.. yeah.. that's what i've heard.
    any ideas if it's really worth it if i had my system installed with CAI?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Negligible ang performance gain. Sayang on the stock SOHC 4G92. Naglagay na rin ako ng Simota sa GSR at Sebring na exhaust. Maganda lang ang tunog pero pareho rin halos ang takbo. Maganda lang din tingnan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    2-3hp gain if it's just a filter head, and that's K&N or HKS, maybe 2hp or less for a Simota. That gain is also dependent on temperature... in hot weather, traffic or after a long drive, hp losses start to creep in. Needless to say, heat shielding is a necessity. A CAI may give you 5 or more hp, but pose the danger of hydrolock in wet weather and requires a bypass valve to avoid this.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh yeah, no hp loss due to heat with a CAI... it's this heat soak that kills most of the hp gain of simple in-bay performance filter installs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    turbo ka na lang bro, or engine swap :D best results EVER!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Negligible ang performance gain. Sayang on the stock SOHC 4G92. Naglagay na rin ako ng Simota sa GSR at Sebring na exhaust. Maganda lang ang tunog pero pareho rin halos ang takbo. Maganda lang din tingnan.
    SIMOTA na CAI system? oh ok.. so hindi ganun ka ramdam yung improvement?
    pero aethetically ok sya right? How about the sound? Hindi naman scandalous? hehe! Thanks for the input bro.

How much did it cost you to install your CAI system and Sebring exhaust on your gsr?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    2-3hp gain if it's just a filter head, and that's K&N or HKS, maybe 2hp or less for a Simota. That gain is also dependent on temperature... in hot weather, traffic or after a long drive, hp losses start to creep in. Needless to say, heat shielding is a necessity. A CAI may give you 5 or more hp, but pose the danger of hydrolock in wet weather and requires a bypass valve to avoid this.
    Bro if we're talking about filter head eto yung pinapalitan or nililinis pag service sa kasa right? Is this the air element they are referring to?

So pwede hindi na ako mag pa install ng CAI instead mag palit na lang ako ng AIR Filter?

When does hydrolock occur? so may risk din pag nag pa install ako ng CAI?

Thanks bro for the input,

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Oh yeah, no hp loss due to heat with a CAI... it's this heat soak that kills most of the hp gain of simple in-bay performance filter installs.
    ah ok.. nice.. so mas ok talaga mag pa install ng CAI vs. replace air filters lang?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
HELP! Air Intake for my GSR?