New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Guys, as you all know the isuzu hilander's rear window has a somewhat 3pin lock on it(the 3 circles securing the window itself to the frame). My cousins car got stolen last feb 06 in marikina infront of their house (98' hilander). Mine is a 99' hilander and my rear window got forced open several times already. How can we prevent or add addtl security to the rear window? i already have an alarm and bought the expensive steering wheel lock from solex (keys has a serial # & cannot be duplicated). Before i was afrad to lose my audio system inside, now i'm afraid to lose the entire car..

your help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd suggest sealing off the window permanently. Instead of the plastic clip that opens the window, replace it with a fabricated permanent metal lock.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yan nga din problema ko sa Hilander ko napakadaling buksan kasi yun.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Robbers would always have a way on stealing, whether breaking the glass or doing something else on full gear! The steering wheel lock could even be easily removed with a crowbar (saw that on tv)... maybe a tire lock will do naaah, i don't think so?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I have the same problem, but then, I don't take the Hilander out much because the rear locks don't work. They don't have to open the window, they just open my rear door and they're inside (post ko yung plate number mamaya... insured naman, and I could use the money... ).

I think you could either loctite the bolts, or, as vinj says: seal it permanently nalang. It doesn't do much good, anyway, and it's too small for people to crawl out of in a crash...

As for security: best I can think of is a fuel pump switch hidden somewhere underneath the dashboard. Turn it off when you park it, para kahit nabuksan na... na-disable yung alarm at naalis na yung steering lock, they won't get more than a hundred meters from the parking slot.

Other than that, nothing you can do. If they take it from you at gunpoint, just give it to them...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    i used mighty bond to prevent them from turning the screw from the outside.. di ko na maisip pano gagawin sa mga magnanakaw na yan. san ginagawa ung fuel pump switch? mga mgkano un?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by carlogt View Post
    i used mighty bond to prevent them from turning the screw from the outside.. di ko na maisip pano gagawin sa mga magnanakaw na yan. san ginagawa ung fuel pump switch? mga mgkano un?
    Just a simple switch you can buy anywhere, wired into the electrical line for the pump. Only problem is, I'm not sure where the Hilander'spump is. Still need to look.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I suggest to permanently fixed it with Durasteel Epoxy.

Isuzu Hilander - Security Issues