New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My car is a Honda Civic VTi 2001.

I recently installed an F1 Spec R Halogen Platinum White Bulbs. Its H4 12v 100/90w, but outcome is 170/130w. Will this melt my car's head light housing and socket? But I noticed that the sockets seems to be made of stainless steel. Apart from it, I also installed a relay with harness direct to the battery for power source.

Help please.....im concerned of my headlight housing and sockets melting. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think your headlight will stand up to heat generated... The most likely problem you'll experience with the headlights would be darkening of the lens but that can be cleaned though.

With the sockets, try it out first before you change... i noticed that the sockets of the various car manunfacturers tend to differ, Some put up with high watt bulbs while others dont.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you'll be fine since you took the necessarry precautions already, ie wire harness with relay. btw how thick are the wires?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG
    you'll be fine since you took the necessarry precautions already, ie wire harness with relay. btw how thick are the wires?
    Very thick and its made in Germany.

Thanks for the inputs guys. But for the moment I installed back the stock bulbs.

Vinj, you're probably right. I saw some previous model civic with hyper white bulbs and their lens are dark na.

I also learned that my Platinum White Bulbs wont be effective during evenings when its raining. Too bad, I learned of this just now.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep "super whites" and the blue bulbs dont work well in poor weather conditions.

Since you have relays already, you can just buy the "regular" 90/100W bulbs like Philips, Flosser and Osram (80/100w).

There are also "All weather" (A/W) bulbs like Narva, Philips, and Osram... they're also OK.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I actually am planning to get that All Weather Bulb. Thanks so much.

Help with Platinum White Bulbs