New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi guru's,

First of all, hello to everyone.

I need help. I have a pajero subic, 2.5TDIC and since thursday last week I've noticed that its leaking diesel every morning (or everytime it starts when its been turned-off for a very long time, ~5hrs or more). The diesel is actually dripping from the engine to the floor which i estimate about 1 drop per second.

I removed the intercooler and checked the fuel filter but it looks like its not coming from there because the hose coming in and out are not wet. Any ideas where this might be coming from?

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Which side is the leak from? There is a fuel line that enters the injectors and the fuel lines that deliver to each cylinder.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    thanks otep. I'll clean or have the engine cleaned so I can pin point where the leak is coming from. I just ruled out the fuel filter but have not actually traced to the fuel line from the injection pump.

thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check individual injectors, it might be coming from one of them.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ebag,

Try to check the delivery valve area. Meron copper washer doon sa loob that seals the fittings. Usual culprit yan part na yan, it starts with only moisture then eventually becomes drops.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi.

Thanks for all that replied. I just want to close this to update what happened.
    Couldn't find the leak last weekend so I brought it to Rapide pasong tamo.. they told me na kailangan daw iwanan ko yung car para ma-observe nila kapag lumamig na yung makina, hindi raw kasi makikita dahil uminit na. I asked hindi ba makikita yung tulo or any trace ng leak sa ilalim. sabi nila hindi raw kaya kailangan i-iwan ko... I still needed the car so hindi ko iniwanan.

I went out of their shop and i remember malapit nga pala yung kila Doc Diesel na shop. I drove to Bentan Diesel and have the tech looked at it.. in a matter of mins. he identified the problem as the Governor gasket. bumubula raw kasi doon sa may ibabaw ng injection pump. I asked him kung magkano? at kailangan bang bumili ng repair kit ($$).. Thank God, meron daw silang mga spare... I only paid for the labor and confirmed it yesterday and today na wala na ngang leak... ..

Husay! Thanks a lot guys for your replies, most especially to Dave and Jun of Bentan Diesel.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Lesson learned: Don't ever go to Rapide! hahahaha!!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'd hate to imagine how much you'll be paying if you had it serviced and bought the parts from Rapide ;-)

Diesel Leak