New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    greetings tsikoteers!

i have small problem with my corolla '89 lately, not big enough for me to panic though, pero mejo irritating lang sya nonetheless.

When the car is in motion, i hear this light grinding sound sa bandang harap ko, parang sa dashboarsh mismo, sorta like the sound made when we grind our teeth. Ganun lang. And the faster i go, parang sumasabay ung bilis din ng grinding sound. Adding to this weirdness is the fact that hindi sha constantly lumalabas. Me times na whole day ko gamit ung kotse, walang ung sound. Other times naman, whole day sha andun. I'm baffled at this point as to where the sound could be coming from. I recently had me tires checked (bearings, balancing, alignment, etc.) so i know wala na dun ung problem.

Any ideas?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    sir baka sa engine support?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by technismo View Post
    sir baka sa engine support?
    based on the type of sound being made and the distance at which it sounds like its coming from, parang dun lang sa may dashboard nanggagaling ung ingay eh...hindi sa labas ng auto.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi! Puwedeng yung speedometer cable yan. Baka malapit nang maputol.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GBStJames View Post
    Hi! Puwedeng yung speedometer cable yan. Baka malapit nang maputol.
    now that you mentioned it, i have noticed that that my speedometer tends to react a bit erratically during highway driving. Minsan pumapalo ng 120kph even though ramdam ko mga 100kph or less lang talaga takbo ko, and the speedometer needle bounces a lot (which i actually thought was normal hehehe )

Many thanks for the recos.

what's that noise??