New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Hi Guys,

We have a 1999 Pajero Gen 2.5 A/T. Here are a list of its problems and was wondering if you could give me suggestions on how to fix it.

1. Every morning we have to warm up the engine for around 5 minutes or else when you put it into gear it will stall. Seems like it chokes since a lot of smoke comes out.

2. When it rains, it also rains inside the cabin. Around the area of the windshield on the passenger side. Do you think I need to change the rubber of the windshield? Can you suggest a shop that does that?

3. Vibrating brake pedals whenever I step on the brakes. I was thinking of having it refaced. Can you suggest a place to have the rotors refaced? How much if I just replace the rotors?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    what's the milage? you might need to bleed the injection pump or worst case is you may need to have it calibrated.

reface or replace the rotors and install new pads together. your mechanic should be able to tell you if the rotors are within spec or if they are too thin na to be refaced.

Pajero Gen 2.5 Problems