New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Last Sunday, i went to Raon to do my usual bargain hunting. I saw these shops selling different kinds and brands of tools - from hydraulic jacks, wrenches, drills, orbital polishers, to jack stands. Brands that i saw are Crossman, Hans, Moller, Stanley, Black & Decker, Sato, etc. Etched on some of these tools, like the Crossman & Hans are the brand name and Made in USA/Japan. Looking at a set of Crossman socket wrenches(45-pieces yata yon), one shopkeeper admitted that though these are marked USA-made, they're actually made in Taiwan and are Class-A. I asked what Class A meant and she said, it is one level lower than the Original. So i asked if they have an original, she said that they don't have for Crossman. What they have is the Original from Hans(Made in Japan). Anybody heard of Hans brand of tools(not the one in shangrila)?
    Having window-shopped before in Handyman, ACE, True Value & Han Tools, these tools from Raon are a steal! But i'm worried about the quality. I know if it's just a piece of plier or a crossman vicegrip (P150-P250), no problem if it breaks sooner than the original. But for a set of socket wrenches(P1500-P2500 for class A Crossman, P5000 for Original Hans), it's a gamble since i won't have a way of knowing at that point which is imitation or which is original or whether there even is an original.
    I didn't buy any tools yet, but will definitely go back and get a pair of jack stands and a couple of pliers for use around the house.

If you get tired of neighbors borrowing your Snap-On or Craftsman tools....you know where to buy a set just for 'lending purposes'

So, anyone ever tried buying from 'everyday-sale' shops of Raon? If so, any drama so far?
    Last edited by Boy Torotot; October 10th, 2005 at 03:39 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ok naman sya. di pa naman nasisira so far.

kailangan matindi lang bargaining prowess mo dyan.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Hans is one of the sturdier brands we have, also Nicholson, Stanley and especially Ridgid. Crescent too.

If your buying handtools, ok na siguro sa raon, pero pag mga machine better get it from an authorized dealer for warranty purposes.

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Sa Tomas Mapua marami ring tools at screws.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Makapunta nga doon. Ingat lang sa pickpocketeers/snatchers. He he he.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ingat lang sa mga mandurukot. pag may hahanapin kang piyesa, wag ka sasama dun sa boss halika sama ka dun tayo sa shop meron dun. sigurado holdup abot mo... take it from me... saan yung shop na nabanggit mo? may buffing pad kaya dun? magkano jackstand? alam ko nagkalat ang mga gamit sa raon pero di ko alam mga tindahan...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I'm actually planning to get a few handtools, jack stands, pipe wrenches...for the price, di ko na hahanapin ang lifetime warranty. I'm still thinking of the 2-ton Sato Hydraulic jack, with 380mm max height...selling for P1K(last price). A similar, though Daiken brand, is selling from Handyman for P2.5K. Laki ng diprensya. Anybody bought a Sato hydraulic jack from Raon?

Di muna ko bumili kasi wala akong dalang kotse...ang bibigat nun. Nag-MRT/LRT lang ako. Next time, dala ako kotse para may mapaglagyan pinamili.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for the power tools i bought before an impact drill. for light duty ok lang yung raon immitations, like say you will just drill a few holes in wood/concrete/steel. pero pag heavy duty go original. also you need to consider that most of those power tools are rated at 50 Hz. philippine electric supply is 60 Hz. it will turn faster but the internal electrical parts (like windings, commutator and brushes) may not be able to handle the added speed. kaya di siya pwede for heavy duty use because of this.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero
    ingat lang sa mga mandurukot. pag may hahanapin kang piyesa, wag ka sasama dun sa boss halika sama ka dun tayo sa shop meron dun. sigurado holdup abot mo... take it from me... saan yung shop na nabanggit mo? may buffing pad kaya dun? magkano jackstand? alam ko nagkalat ang mga gamit sa raon pero di ko alam mga tindahan...
    so far naman, wala pa ko experience sa mandurukot dun...dun sa mga may pwesto naman talaga ako pumupunta. saka simple lang suot mo dapat, walang alahas, etc.. para medyo maka-blend ka. di ko na natandaan pangalan ng shops, pero ilan lang yong may shops talaga(as compared to dun sa may bangketa), around 4-5 shops yata yon, ang they have almost same inventory at price. best kung canvas ka muna sa each of them at tawaran mo ng husto sa unang shop...para may point of comparison ka..sabihin mo mas mababa sa kabila...tyak ipaparehas presyo..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Everyday-bargain Tools in Raon